prologue

So this book was inspired by Steelheart, multiple AMV's, a PROMISE to my darling bestie Szafi12 and then movie Another Earth.

---

I've always had a strange attraction to the sky, whether it was rain or shine, I'd always be dreaming of flying through the air. I wanted to always be a pilot for that reason. Then one day my father told me we were moving. I was ten at the time so my young and naïve mind did as I was told without questions. I don't regret my decision, though.

My father took me to an airship. It was grand and coloured in various colours of grey. A true masterpiece. That day, I met people who I would call my friends. I was happy for a year, that was until my father passed away due to an incurable disease. But before he died, he talked to me about what would change in my life.

He was the king of the Sky Clan, and I was the heir to the title.

By the help of my friends and guardians in my clan, I was able to pick myself up out of the dreadful sorrow of the loss of a family member. Of course, I asked them to explain what a clan was. They laughed and showed me so many things. Sometimes they helped me control this 'aura' that I had, then practically raised me as their own.

A family.

That's what my clan is.

We were all one giant family, we never lost a member, that was, until, one betrayed us all.