-Thieving and Tacos-

-Thieving and Tacos- A Star Legends Story

I just wanted to give a big SHOUT-OUT to my good friend Dione Seoud a.k.a Aelagirl, who (unintentionally :p) made me come up with this 'crazy' idea of mine! *(^.^)*

P.s- If you have the game feel free to add me in your friend list. My character's name is Karliahthief, she's an operative. Also, let me know: what is your favourite class? And why?

Enjoy...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

'Alright, now or never!' I thought to myself while I casually and hungrily took another mouthful bite from the delicious and flavorous Taco I currently held in my hand. 'this is the only chance I got, F this up and it's going to be big trouble'

I was randomly leaning against a wall while inspecting the surroundings, observing every single move or spoken words. I hope I didn't look too suspicious by staring at random strangers passing by, just add a smile here and there.

After a while I made my decision, stealthily (or at least I thought I was being) I made my way towards the chosen target, who in my favour, was being distracted from one of those annoying and demanding sales-men people. You know you are screwed when being approached by one of them.

A thing I learned, by experience, of this kind of obsessed trades people is that acting uninterested doesn't certainly help, it makes the situation worse. There are specific ways to act at this kind of situation which seemed to have worked for me;

1. Since ignoring doesn't work, show how annoyed you are at them

2. Ask for impossible and noob bargains

3. Tell them you already have the item they are trying to sell you

4. If they ask for proof then quickly make an act on the spot, yell on top of your lungs: 'he's harassing me!' ...ok maybe try to avoid executing the last one-- fine, fine! I know I'm terrible with giving out advices-- Shall we go back to my yet unexplained stalking?

Well, while I'm at it I might explain the reason for what I'm doing: So there is this cute little gadget at the auction house that I really, really want, but it is so damn expensive because of it's rare rate drop and I haven't got the money for it. Since I've got quite impressive hacking skills and a mysterious and unknown originated 'thief' nickname, I decided to try it out, to live up to my teasingly name for once.

'The Taco was nice, they should add some more chilly sauce though-- Focus! This is no time to mess around with food!' Throwing the wrapper into the closest bin, I continued approaching the now what seemed to be pissed off target. I tried to eavesdrop their heated conversation from where I chose to be my cover: The stimpacks terminal. Clever enough eh? They'll think I'm purchasing stims while I'm actually hacking the victim's credit chit.

"Come on man, just one item and I promise I'll leave you be"

"But I told ya dude, I need my money! Saving them up for Napalm"

"Ah you want the carbine!? Why didn't you say so before man!-- Buy this implant that increases chance of better loot..."

"Woah woah, what ya talking about? I never heard of such and plus farming wastes time and resources. So might as well sell it after gaining-"

"You didn't make me finish... Not only I give you this but also a coupon for a free enhancer of your choice!-- With these you grab as much loot, then sell and with profit buy Napalm. Cannot be more simpler than this!"

"I dunno... I only have 56k and I need like 1.2M for just a bio Napa-"

"And how did you get all this credit? Farming is the only option for you... So...give me a quarter of you profit and these babies'll be all yours"...

I kept tapping different options on the terminal without even paying attention, only listening to the too familiar conversation. While they argued about the price, I figured this was the right time to start 'operation hack the trade, because I can'. Switching on the iCom, I tracked down their devices from the specialised interface app., connecting mine anonymously to theirs. All I had to do was change the credit transfer track to mine and as soon as the accept button is pressed, execute the process. I waited for an agreement as I prompted all the necessary details and properties-

"20k or the deal is off.. I already reckon it is a rip off..."

"22k and I'll add a platinum for another enhancer"

"Nuu-GAH, 21k or nothin-"

"Too low! Come-n dude, this is a bargain already... I won't get any profit from this if we go any lower!"

"... 21.5k no more, no less...so?"

" hmm 21.99-"

"Fine! Deal, as long as you STHAP TALKIN!" ...

'Fool' I thought to my self. Shaking my head, I initialised the diversion of the seller's connection, " Very soon I'll be able to purchase kitty paw pet :3 -- (*interruption*) ...huh?"

-My iCom's screen suddenly turned dark for no apparent reason- "No, nonoNO! Switch on stupid thing *(>.<)*"

--This usually only happens when the device is downloading an overload of-...*

Aelagirl: " HELLO BTCHS! ALE IN DA HOUSE!!!-- kar..KAAR-- SUP CHIKA!?-- WHACHA DOING???-- Y IS THE GUILD SO DAM SILENT!...--... *awkward silence* (._.) -- T A C O S the 5 letters of Mexican!-- MINE! MY BABIES MINE!-- I GOT TWINS!--...

*-... Messages.

"Damn it! She always has to annoy and interrupt at the most inopportune times" Angrily, I frantically tried to get back to the trading window:

iCom: -Trade ended

- Trade successful: receiver- device/connection 2= Engineer...

- OwnTransition= interrupted... Item/sReceived= N/a. ...Try again...

* Troubleshoot? Y/N

" (@.@)... (;.;)... >:| "

You tell Aelagirl: ALE!?

Aelagirl tells you: CHIKA! HOW'S MAH FERRARI?

You tell Aelagirl: "Lol...FFFUUUUUUUUUU!"

iCom: *beeps*

ITEM/S SUCCESSFULLY PURCHASED AND DELIVERED

- Check out= 550 health + 320 energy= 870 Stimpacks

-Successfully delivered to Account= Karliahthief, Operative, guild- KoL, status: Officer.

CreditPayment= 12500c

*No Refunds

Thank you,

STS corporation

"FML! X.x"

...................

-The End-

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that some of the items such as the Kitty Paw Pet and iCom were made up by me, they do not necessarily exist as actual 'vanities' on the game...

Peace ;)