Chapter 27 : Questions over Questions

Kelly POV

I felt a presents near me, as I woke up early since school. I decided to just get my shower done. I get my shower done. Heck they only thing I had on was undergarments. Then I notice someone in my bed. Fuck! I hurriedly get my jeans on and my jersey.

"Mitch, what are you doing in my bed?"

Thank the lord he wore he regular pajamas with a shirt.

"Um, can I just explain it over breakfast." Mitch said.

"What do you want so I can cook it?"

"Omelettes." Mitch said.

He got dressed and got down here as soon as food was done.

"Now explain."

"Officer Beckett told me that you would have nightmares from not feeling safe at times. I just didn't want you to scream thinking someone murdered you, and so you can feel safe." Mitch said.

"It was true, but don't worry I feel safe that only happened when my biological family were killed, then had to live in an orphanage. It never happens when all of you are around and when Dexter is here. Thanks, for doing that even though it was kind of awkward."

After we ate, we went to the car to have him drive us off to school. With my duffle bag, and book bag. He dropped me off. The people that were on the hockey team looked confused. I'm sure they are going to ask about it.

I go to my locker. To put stuff in and to get my stuff for first hour. I turn around to look to see if any of my friends are here. They are always kind of late. So, I am stuck here. I put my back to the locker with my foot up. I get some strange looks from the hockey players. One comes up to me.

"Hey Kelly, the Team and I were wondering if you are okay and where did you learn those moves?" Brandon said.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry. It's not my first time in the rodeo. I learned them when I was younger."

"What do you mean, you've been in danger more times!" Brandon said.

"Well, yeah. I actually almost got kidnapped like 3 times but never did. I caught robbers, I caught my biological family's robbers, and many more actually."

"I have another question, did you have a brother like that man that was saying last night?" Brandon said.

"I did have a brother, an amazing brother, always fair, always top of his class, never in trouble and always looked out for...others."

"Thank you, for answering my question, and I'm sorry." Brandon said.

"No problem."

I watch as Brandon goes to his group, otherwise known as all the other hockey players. I think about my brother. My sweet brother. The best brother ever.

"Hey you okay?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, just thinking bout my dead brother."

"Now Kelly, come on be the happy, like a poppy. A poppy, a beautiful flower that blooms and is always happy." Chase said.

"You know...you always have the right words."

I kiss him on the cheek.

"Yeah I do, what happened over the weekend." Chase said.