Realization

"What the fuck are you two doing?!" Nikka screamed. "Calm down, Nik, you know we aren't like that," Mike said, defending us. I didn't know what we did, but I know that there is no way I have any feelings for him. Right?
"Senpai? What the hell is going on in here?" Nikka asked. "He cheated so we started fighting and you came in." Mike seemed surprised at such a short and quick answer. "Well, at least now I know why you had to step out of the club. You had a fuck-boi to meet up with." Nikka said, thinking out loud. "Please, not now. This isn't a good ti-" "I found Kim in an alley on 53rd crying in a ball, bleeding from her knuckles. I didn't wanna leave her there, so I helped her out. I also didn't wanna leave her alone here," Mike interjected. Nikka looked at me, then him and stormed off with her curls bouncing away with her.
"Don't do it, Kimmy," Mike said as he put his hand on my shoulder, "It's none of her business anyway." I don't know what it was about what he said, but it pissed me off and I ran after my senpai.        "Nikka!" I yelled as I slid down the hand rail in the stairwell. I knew she wouldn't take the death trap again. The rail had a crack and my foot slid in. It felt as though I was falling in slow motion, at least until my body slammed into the ground. There was the most cringe-worthy echo of the horrible sound of meat and bone slapping against a cold cement floor.
Why didn't I scream? I couldn't after having made contact with the floor. I still couldn't breathe. I felt indomitable pain surmounting every little nerve in my body. I heard a squeaky door open. "Holy shit..," was murmured somewhere above me. Tennis shoes slapped the ground and echoed throughout the stairwell as they came closer to me.
My vision was getting blurry and dark. I saw Nikka's face with her hands to her mouth and a whimper came from her direction. Then I couldn't see.