Chapter nine: Would I always be evil?

Vern’s POV

I rushed into Gaius’s chamber to find him sitting down too eat. He looked up and he smiled as he saw me.

“Merlin you are just in time for something to eat.”

“Gaius I need to tell you something and you are most likely to hate me,” I said to him.

“I can never hate you Merlin, you’re like a son to me,” smiled Gaius.

“No, not this time,” I said.

“Oh Merlin what is wrong?” he asked as I tear dripped down my face.

It was clear I cared a lot about Merlin and I hated myself right now and not because I was feeling this way because I had allowed this to all happen without thinking about anyone else.

“I am not Merlin alright.....I pretended to be him for a while but I am not actually him. I am V and I just look like him. I got myself into some trouble with these men and now they have taken Merlin away because they thought he was me. It is all my fault and I have to go save him but I don’t know what to do Gaius. I am afraid and scared. I never thought about anything before but Merlin means more then I could have ever believed,” I said taking a breath before I exploded.

Gaius looked at me weirdly before he got to his feet and took a closer look at me. I had no idea what he was doing but I wasn’t going to ask either.

“I should have seen but I was not expecting to see someone look just like Merlin. I did suspect something was wrong at some points when I saw Merlin and those times, it must have been you I was with. If what you are telling me is true V, then I hope you have the heart to go save him,” said Gaius.

“I do Gaius, I want to go save him but I don’t know how,” I said to him as I sat down in a chair and put my head in my hands.

“I don’t want to suggest this but the only one I can think of who is smart enough for such a quest is Arthur. I know he is a prince but he cares a lot about Merlin and if I come with you and tell Arthur, hopefully he will believe us and he’ll go with you to save Merlin,” said Gaius.

“Arthur will kill me if he knew what I have done,” I began.

“We do not have to tell him everything because clearly you haven’t told me everything either. When was Merlin taken?” he asked.

“As soon as I saw him taken away I headed straight here, so not long.”

“We better take a trip to see Arthur then.”

Arthur’s POV

I had just finished telling my father that Merlin no longer wished to speak to him and he seemed pleased, of course.

I found myself heading back to my chamber wondering if Merlin would be in my chamber, probably not.

As I arrived I pulled out my keys but only to find the door open already I must have forgotten to lock it earlier, oh well.

I opened the door to find Gaius and Merlin in my room. Merlin was wearing black again....what was with the change of outfits all of a sudden again?

“Hello Gaius, what brings you here?” I asked him.

“We have a problem sire and I thought you would like to know,” said Gaius.

“I am listening Gaius what seems to be the problem?”

“I know this is going to be hard to understand but Merlin has been taken away by some men who were after V who is standing next to me. I know he looks exactly like Merlin but he isn’t. He is V and these men were after him but they took Merlin instead as they look so a like,” said Gaius.