Tyrant

It was getting late, but I would rather sit under under this tree in the dark than go home to my father. I could ignore him, but he would just bring me down. How could I think about my father when a former stranger with hypnotic eyes just asked me out. How can I possibly grasp the situation. I envy his ability to be so mysterious. As I picture Damien's words leaving his lips my father calls "where the fuck are you?!" He said. "On my way" I replied. "How can you be so disrespectful?! You had better be home in five minutes" "I'm sorry" I replied, though I had nothing to be sorry for. "I don't want to hear sorry. You better get your ass home NOW!" He briefly stated. I'm ashamed to call that drunk piece of shit my father.

       As I walked up to my porch,I heard my father banging around and throwing empty beer bottles. I didn't want to go inside so I sat on the beaten up lawn chair my dad keeps out front. The sun was slowly setting and the moon showed it pale eye. It reminded me of Damien. How the moon was so mysterious and luminous. I was pondering on the idea of having Damien's body pressed against mine, but yet he seemed untouchable...like the moon. I decided to go inside because the mosquitoes were biting. I opened the door and shut it as quietly as humanly possible, but that ankle biter, buster decided to bark at me as if I was a stranger. It gathered my fathers attention as he quickly arose out of his drunk haze. "Where were you? I told your ass to come home immediately!"
"I'm sorry I got caught up in something"
"What was so important that you disobeyed your fathers wishes?"
There was a long, sullen silence.
"That's what I thought. Your mother would be disappointed in you."
I ran to my room with tears filling my eyes. I couldn't take it anymore. I opened my window and ran until I couldn't anymore. I sat at the curb putting my hands over my eyes and cried until I was out of breath. I miss my mom. I miss her smile. I miss everything about her. Cancer is a damn sin its self.