1

His original interest was my friend Clara, who was petite and curvy in all the right places, with pale skin and long eyelashes. But she had a boyfriend, an older boy who played for the regional basketball team.

And so on that rainy April day, he noticed me. I was crying, but I can't remember why. I cried a lot.

Once he discovered that Clara was out of the picture, he turned to me. He dried my tears by making me laugh, and all I saw was an inevitably gorgeous boy with dark hair but light eyes and a slightly crooked smile.

His name was Fin, with one n. I discovered that he liked drawing and playing piano, I told him that I played the flute. He wasn't like any other boy I'd ever met. But there was a question that I pushed away into the depths of my mind, although it resurfaced frequently while I was talking to him.

Why did he choose me?

He was the boy of my dreams, but he was undoubtedly the boy of many other 15 year old girls' dreams too. His interest turned from Clara to me in about two seconds flat, and I wanted to know why.

I liked him, I knew that much. It was only when he asked if we could 'keep in touch' that I realised that I would fall through stars and galaxies before I forgot him.