Hired By Swift (A Harry Styles Fanfic)

Author's Note: This is a new story that actually came to me in a dream! I hope people will enjoy it! Please leave a message or vote and tell me what you think!

~~~~

Prologue

My breath catches in my throat as I stare at the envelope which holds my future.

"What are you waiting for?"

I turn towards my mother who gives me a weak smile which I know takes a lot of strength. Biting my bottom lip, I turn my attention onto the envelope and begin opening it. Once open, I reach in, pulling out the long awaited-for letter.

Holding it in my hands, I continue to stare at it, not making a move. My mother surprises me by placing her cold hand over mine, motivating me to continue.

Taking a deep breath, I begin unfolding the paper. Millions of thoughts race through my head, the answer on the paper. My eyes begin roaming over the words, taking in all of it.

"Well?" My mother then asks, her beautiful blue eyes brimming with curiosity.

I turn to look at her, staring into her enchanting eyes. "I got it." I state, still in shock.

Tears begin to well up in her eyes as she smiles at me; her smile was the largest I have ever seen.

"That's amazing honey." She states softly, moving her hand over to pull me down to her level.

I crouch by the bed as she wraps her frail arms arms around my neck, pulling me closer. I hug her back as gently as I can without hurting her.

"I am so proud of you." She says softly once we part.

I quickly blink over the tears that have formed in my eyes. "I can't go to Uni mom." I utter softly.

She blinks at me in confusion, a frown on her face. "What do you mean?" Her voice was soft, yet demanding as she continues staring at me with wide eyes.

I frown."Mom, what kind of a daughter would I be if I left you now of all times."

Her frown deepens. "What kind of a mother would I be if I didn't let you pursuit your dreams. I will be fine Farrah, I still have your grandma and by the time autumn comes around, I will be out and about."

Her condition was far too severe for her to recover by autumn and I know that Granny has a lot on her plate at the moment.

"Mo-"

She interrupts me quickly. "No buts Farrah. You have been such a great child, this would mean the world to me."

I look down at my feet, frowning at her words. I was anything but a great child. I don't deserve the unconditional amounts of love she gives me.

"Please, Farrah. Please. This would make me truly happy." She begs, looking at me with her vibrant blue eyes.

She played the card. I knew she would play the card.

Whenever, my mother wants something, all she has to do is say how happy it will make her. My life's goal is to reform myself and make my mother proud of me, but sometimes it was a lot harder than it seems.

I don't have the heart to tell her the disappointing news within the letter. I know she won't take it easy and I do not want to put that kind of stress on her. Instead, I decide to nod, causing a beautiful smile to make its way onto her face. She embraces me in another hug and when I pull away, I note that she looks more refreshing and rejuvenating than she has all month.

"Mom, I'm going to go outside and take a walk. I'm gonna go call up my friends and tell them the exciting news."

She smiles at me as I exit the room. I quickly left the hospital, finding a spot on the bench in front of the building. My fists clench as I stare at my lap.

I had gotten my acceptance letter to UCLA, but the scholarship I had signed up for was rejected. There is no way I could pay for my college tuition because all the money is going to my mother's treatment.

I let out a loud groan and bury my head in my hands.

Suddenly, an idea passes through my head that might work, but at the risk of something important- my pride.

xx

I take in a deep breath before fishing my hands through my pockets for my phone. I take in another deep breath as I dial a number that is still familiar to me despite not communicating with her in years.

It rings twice and then again. Just as I was about to end the call and mentally scold myself for the dumb idea, the line picks up.

"Hello?"

I mentally prepare myself. Here I go.

"Taylor?"