don't let me go

I'm tired of feeling alone...

  Flames thrust from Louis' body in a large explosion of noise, disintegrating anything closest to him into a pile of gray ash, soldiers running for cover behind the concrete pillars. A scream ripped from his aching throat as his gaze remained locked on the lifeless form of his boy, torso snapping so he was curled into himself, watching liam pull Harry with him to hide. That was the last thing he saw before his knees gave out and he collapsed, vision going black.

**

  When Louis came to, he was in the protective cradle of Liam's arms, cheek resting on his firm shoulder and arms curled around himself, a slight ache spreading through his body. He made a soft noise of discontent, slowly picking his head up so he could look around in search of Harry, finding him being carried by Zayn covered in soot and burns, dried blood caked over his pale skin.

  He immediately began to writhe in attempts to get to his boy and Liam looked down, grunting when Louis pushed a hand against his chest and pushed as hard as his aching bones would allow, finally manage to get on his own two feet and stumble his way over to the other two, ignoring Zayn's wide-eyed look. "Give him to me. Give 'im." He croaked, harsh blue gaze caught on the lad until Harry was carefully shifted into his arms, head cradled by neck and shoulder. Liam was watching carefully as he moved away a few steps before slowly sinking down so he was sitting and his boy was cradled in his lap, cooing softly while rocking him back and forth.

  Louis hunched protectively over Harry when the door creaked open and a medic peeked around the wood, slowly moving inside and walking over to the two so he could check over Harry, face twisting a bit. "May I?" The medic asked softly as he hovered his hands over the boy's body, immediately pulling his shirt up and bringing bandages out when Louis nodded hesitantly, working quickly under the watchful gaze of the older lad, but efficiently. 

  He moved back once he finished and Louis pulled Harry back up against chest, cradling the back of his head so it didn't roll back and hurt his neck, pressing his lips to his forehead in a gentle kiss. A small flame erupted off of the lad when Liam moved too quickly and he paused, meeting his burning blue gaze before leaning up against the wall and holding his hands out in an unthreatening, soothing way, shoulders relaxing when Louis looked away and tightened his hold, nosing at Harry's neck.

**