Chapter Four

As I came to in a hospital bed, I looked around. There was a white curtain drawn around me and a woman was speaking, "No, no, no! She was overwhelmed and took a bad fall, no one is going near her." She said firmly, but someone argued.

 "She's my sister! I want to see my sister!" I could tell it as Harry, then, because I only have one brother. At least I hope I don't have another unknown sibling!

 Since the curtains were drawn, I took out my pocket knife, and cut open the scar on my wrist again. It hadn't healed from last time, so it instantly poured blood. But I absentmindedly did it anyway. I did it for five minutes, blocking out the conversation going on behind me. If I had paid more attention, then maybe I would have been prepared, and made sure no one saw me slicing open my wrist. But I had zoned out. Again. The white curtain was yanked away, and Harry turned, smiling, but saw me. Instantly, his face dropped. 

"Rose! Why are you doing that to yourself?! You're going to pass out! Stop!" He yelled frantically, grabbing my hand. I was dizzy again, and watching the blood pour from my wrist was not helping. I turned, ashamed that someone had caught me.

 Harry pulled me around to face him. Anger and sadness flashing on his face, "Rose! Rose... Why?" He asked softly.

 I was crying now, not because of my ankle, but because I didn't know. I couldn't help it, I just did it. I put my face in my hands and cried. I couldn't stand for this. Crying? Really, Rose? No. "I am not a baby! I can do what I want, you are not in charge of me! If I choose to cut open my wrist, then, guess what? I can cause it's a free country! I am not helpless, Harry!" 

Harry helped me up, and looked me straight in the eyes, completely ignoring the hurtful string of sentences,"I know I've only know you're my sister for an hour, but listen to me. Do not ever do that agin. Hear me? You're my little sister, and that scared the bloody hell out of me!"

 He was a way over protective. But still, he was my brother. I looked away. He seemed to think that meant I was upset, which I was, but it was not completely aimed at him. 

"I'm sorry, Rose, for yelling. But I cannot let you physically harm yourself, okay? That's the end of that. I'm giving you your knife back, but if I, or anyone else sees that again, I will not give it back." He said, firmly. I nodded and took the knife in my trembling hands. He seemed satisfied, so I smiled, twisted out of his grip, and ran as fast as I could with an wrist pouring blood, out of the hospital wing.

 More like I tried to.

 As soon as I took off, Madam Pomfrey had a fit, "Come back here! Your wrist and ankle aren't healed, young lady! Come back, I said!" She shrieked, but I didn't listen, I ran.

 I heard Harry talking to her, "Don't worry, I'll get her." And, ugh, he is three years older, and stronger. And doesn't have a split wrist and a twisted ankle. And is not tiny and short. So he caught up to me, and grabbed my arm. I spun on him, twisting my (good) arm to get it free, but he was too strong. So, did I mention I'm a good actress? *smirks evilly* Well, I am. I let him drag me up there, and, as soon as he left, I ran. Again. 

"POTTER!" She screamed after me, furious. I looked back, and as soon as I did, I bumped into Harry, who turned around, surprised. But I kept running. Then I ran into Malfoy. His cronies, Crabbe and Goyle, grabbed me and shoved me into a wall. 

"Well, well. What do we have here? An little first year? Oh, it's Potter, even better." He sneered down at me. I glared at him with all the hatred I possessed, which was a lot. 

"Will you go drown yourself in the lake, for crying out loud? It'll do everyone much better." I retorted, my tone biting. He was about to snap back at me, when Harry came running down the hall, and he stopped and processed what was happening.

 "Malfoy," he growled, "What are you doing to my sister?" 

Whatever Malfoy was going to say left his mind, and he smirked, "This." He signalled Goyle, the biggest and fattest, and Goyle pulled his gigantic, tubby fist back, and punched me in the face. It hurt. His fist smashed into my face, which sent my head right into the wall. 

"I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR THAT MALFOY!" Yelled Harry, furiously.

But I told him no. "Malfoy." I said, sickeningly sweet, "Honey, you're gonna have to learn, that, when you physically harm me, or one of my friends... I do not put up with that crap. You're gonna wish you were never born." 

I smirked. "Crucio." 

Harry, Ron, and Hermione stared at me, shocked, before Ron spoke up. "Bloody hell, Harry, I told you she really was His daughter! She's bloody evil!" I glared at him. Harry opened his mouth to speak, but I beat him to it.

 "Well, Ronald, if you're so sure I'm evil, why don't you get away from me?  Why don't you go drown in a lake with Malfoy, hmm? That's what I thought." I watched as his face turned from shock, to anger, to embarrassment. Then anger took over. 

"Harry! You really call this bloody brat your sister?! No wonder she was raised by Death Eaters! She's a bloody Slytherin!" He ranted looking at Harry. Harry looked between him and me, uncertainly. I saw Hermione do the same. I was mad, and, believe me, I have a temper. 

"FINE THEN!" I screamed at them, "YOU DESERVE EACH OTHER! I TRIED TO BE FRIENDLY TO THE GIRL WITH NO FRIENDS, WHO IS CONSTANTLY BEING MADE FUN OF BECAUSE SHE'S A KNOW IT ALL, I WAS NICE TO THE BOY WITH NO MONEY, SECOND HAND BOOKS AND ROBES, WHO HATED ME THE SECOND HE LAID EYES ON ME! AND YOU," I shrieked, whirling on Harry, "THE BROTHER I NEVER WANTED! MY LIFE WAS BETTER WITHOUT YOU! ALL THREE OF YOU, SO GOOD RIDDANCE." I started to turn, but then Harry spoke. 

"Do you think I wanted a sister? A mystery sister, who commits self harm, and hates my friends?!" My hands were balled into fists, and I was fighting back tears. "We were perfectly fine without you, too! We don't want you! We don't need you." The words stung and tears were running down my face freely. 

No one had noticed Malfoy starting to get up."Want me to, what was the phrase, 'physically harm' your friends?" He sneered, twirling his wand in his fingers. The Trio stood, watching. Waiting.

 "Well, it's your lucky day, Malfoy, because no one here is my friend." My voice cracked at the end. I knew that those words hit Harry like a slap in the face, and probably Hermione. 

"That changes the scenario, then, I'll just aim for you." It took a moment for his words to register. Me. I turned slowly and saw his wand pointed at me, already shooting a jet of blue light, headed right toward me. It landed, right on target. I went limp in Harry's arms.