A Cup of Coffee

"One order of green tea latte!" I yelled. A person runs towards me with their receipt. I slide the cup towards them. My job has been a barista at Jolie's Coffee Shop since I was fifteen, my older brother Max runs the shop as assistant manager. The original owner, Joanna Reynolds, has been in and out of the place due to business contracts and bigger deals and also her new daughter Allie.
The line begins to pile up, my coworkers Jamie & Isaac try to make their drinks as fast as they can. I'm on cashier duty. Oh God. If you are ever on cashier duty it's the biggest hassle of cash you have to handle. The customers shove their money in front of you and worry more about their coffee. Then I have a pile of cash that I have to sort out into the drawer of the cashier box.
            Jamie bakes the pastries and Isaac stirs the drinks and setting them out on the counter ready for consuming. My every day job is just plain tiring but I somewhat enjoy it. Max walks out tying his apron with a wide smile. I probably haven't really smiled a big smile in years. I stopped smiling since my dad Jason passed away in a car accident with his friends. The police believe he was drunk driving. Now he's gone I'm stuck with my overprotective mother Ann.
        My mom worries about me way too much. She's also very critical about almost everything. Mom worried about my choice of friends even though she didn't even meet them yet. Once Max got his first girlfriend Isabelle which he is still with now, and Mom criticized her about they way she did her daily work. Mom also criticizes my choice of outerwear, haircut, job, and college decision and majors. I don't really enjoy her presence or existence that much.
       I'm almost seventeen and Mom needs to stop this nonsense and let me go. I'm not a baby anymore but probably she is now. I really wish I can revive my dad and have a perfect life for goodness sakes.