Chapter 2

PLAYING CUPID WITH THE DEVIL

CHAPTER TWO

(ASHLEY PAPPY’S POV)

Well it was definitely a plan in progress, Sean being a runner on the school football team and the school player, I loved the cliché already, Jules is from England, she has never had a boyfriend aka a good girl and a virgin, and it was every cliché story beginning.

“So Jules tell me, what do you know about cheerleading?” I asked Jules, we were having a little meeting to get to know the transferred students in my grade and Jules has been the most tolerable because of my cupid work.

“Well we don’t do cheerleading back home in England but how does gymnastics and ballet sound?” she inquired.

“Wow, that’s amazing, you should try out for cheerleading, you would make friends quickly and I can guarantee you a spot on the team” I told her giving her a flyer, why am I doing this? It’s simple, every Tuesday and Thursday, a cheerleader and a football player are assigned as partners for the whole semester. It was a way to get to know the players better for the cheerleaders and also to help the cheerleaders in their exercise routine but I only like it because I get to pick who is with who? And well obviously, would be with Alex. So if Jules is a cheerleader, I would set her up with Sean, normally Sean is always alone, no one wants to be paired with him, he can be very stubborn and annoying.

“I would definitely tryout, Thank you Ashley” Jules said, getting up, I took out my phone and checked on my socials, then tweeted ‘Time for Tryouts, Game Face On’

Tryouts was okay,  more disappointing individuals.. It was a disaster, then Jules showed up and damn, she was flexible, I caught Sean watching her during the routine, but so was many of the guys on the football team.

“So mind telling what you are up to, little cupid?” Alex asked, I shook my head and smiled at him walking over to call out the names of the girls who made the team.

“Today was productive, thank you all for coming out but only four girls made the team; Hailey Brune, Kendall Hale, Randon Mose and Jules Gome. Better luck next year” I announced and walked back to the stand to clear up all my files and went back to the office.

“So Jules uhn?” Alex asked sitting opposite me in my mini office, putting his feet on the table as usual.

“One, get your feet off my table, two, Jules is qualified for the job” I shrugged

“One, your table is so comfortable, Two, what are you planning, Pappy?” Alex asked again, I was never one to hide anything from Alex, so I told him about my plan for Sean and Jules and as usual Alex says I’m insane and it would never work out because Sean Grey doesn’t date.

“I just think he hasn’t found the right girl” I replied him

“The right girl for Sean Grey doesn’t exist, Pappy” he replied and frowned, i never knew why he hated Sean, i guess my hatred rubbed off on him.

“You don’t like calling me by my name, do you? All my life, you call me Pappy, I like it but sometimes, I wanna hear you say Ashley or at least come up with a nickname, even the devil Sean, calls me Trouble” I inquired

“I guess I just love calling you, Pappy, when we were young that’s what I used to call you and now, I guess I’m used to it and I’m not a fan of nicknames, you know” Alex said standing up leaving for football practice “so I would see you after practice?”

“Sure thing babe, I will be posting the list of who is hanging out with who after practice” I walked over giving him a quick kiss on his lips before heading out. I typed the list and gave it to Sarah to print out and make any changes if necessary.

“Okay people gather up, the list is ready and remember I can’t swap anyone’s name, it was randomly picked” I said and clipped it unto the school’s board.

“ehmm…. Pappy, there is a mistake somewhere” Alex said

“What mistake?” I asked as I applied a little lip-gloss on my lips

“We are not together” he said, I was confused, and what the hell was he saying? He was making no sense at the moment, he pulled me up towards the list, I typed it, of course, I knew who was with who. So what is Alex going on about? He pointed towards his name and beside it was Jules Gome and then he went down to Sean’s name and my name was beside it.

“NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.”  I screamed, I looked back to see a smirking Sean, I don’t want to be stuck with him, not in this life or the next if I can help it.

“Well babe, look at it from this point of view, it’s a good opportunity to know the new girl and what she likes to help your cupid game” Alex tried to reason with me but I couldn’t care less, I walked straight up to where Sean was lying down, all shirtless and sweaty, yes I admit he was sexy, he is after all a football player and the best runner in the state.

“Take a picture, trouble. It will last longer” he said with a big grin, I brought out my phone and took a picture, which made Sean confused but so was I.

“So the list is there and rumor has it, I’m the one you’re leaving him for” Sean said

“Adele really?” I shook my head “let’s get something right, I didn’t pick you to be my partner, it was a huge mistake and secondly, throughout this semester you better be on your best behavior and no, I don’t wanna know you better, we could sit down in the school park and be silent all throughout our meetings. S-I-L-E-N-C-E”

“Ouch, trouble. That hurt, right here in my heart” he said pointing to his chest “Anyways, it wasn’t a mistake, I might have been there when Sarah was making the final correction and distracted her and switched names, what were you thinking me and Jules? One, I’m not up for your cupid or cliché games and from what I have read you are highly mistaken, the new girl always takes the school’s biggest bitch boyfriend aka Lexi boy over there and BTW oh Jules is an old friend ” he pointed to Alex who was smiling at what Jules was saying.

“Two, you have to be present at every meeting and I wanna know you better and we would be having lots of fun, trouble. I would call you” he said, giving me kiss on my forehead and walking towards the boy’s shower room, I sighed heavily, I look back at Jules and Alex, they seem to be having fun, I shrugged, I trust Alex and Sean was wrong, no one can steal what’s mine.

And how the hell is that Angel an old Friend of that Devil?