Chapter 2

So apparently people liked this so I'm gonna make it a long multi chapter story! 🎉
Quick lil update bc I haven't done anything else with my life today 😬

***

Dan woke up to the sound of rain crashing down the window of his one bedroom Manchester apartment. He checked his phone to see the time, and oh what a surprise- he was late for his first day of university.

He swore as he scooped up his skinny jeans and a random top from his messy bedroom floor and ran to the living room to grab his keys and phone. As he looked to the front door he saw Phil's umbrella and smiled. How could anyone in this world be such a kind soul? He grabbed his bag and the umbrella - remembering the rain outside - and ran out of the door and down to the university.

The busy entrance hall was filled with people bustling about, getting their bearings. Dan realised that everyone had already listened to the welcome talk and was now going to their first lecture. He checked his schedule and saw that he needed to go to room 201 for his first class - law. Dan groaned and began climbing the stairs to the second floor, hoping he was going the right way.

"Why did I choose law?!" He thought to himself. "I should have done English or Philosophy, or at least something that was situated on the ground floor."

Trudging into the classroom Dan picked a seat near the back of the room, at a seat near the window. He set the umbrella next to the radiator so that it could dry off and he got his notebook and pen out of his bag.

The teacher began his talk and a tall black haired boy shuffled into the room awkwardly, trying desperately not to distract anyone and failing. The familiar pair of blue eyes met mine and I smiled, pointing at the seat next to me.

"Well if you'd like to take a seat I can get back to my lesson." Huffed the teacher.

Phil nodded and scuttled to the seat next to me, a sheepish grin on his face.

"I think this is yours." I whispered and passed him his umbrella. "You might need it, the rain can be quite unpleasant."

"Yeah I once saw a guy get soaked in a bus stop, poor guy." Phil smiled and his eyes sparked and his happiness glowed from within him. If I had been standing my knees would have gone weak, he truly was a little ray of sunshine.