Chapter 1

Charlie is dead.
On the floor, brains gone, dead.
I don't even have one exact emotion about what's happening.. But I do know I hate it. I miss him.
I'm all over the place.  Angry, sad, scared. I'm worried about baby Tommo and Molly.  I'm worried about mum and big Joe. I'm scared that I'll have to stand up and be the man of the house for the first time in my life. My useless, lonely life.
I guess I have to cope with everything by myself. Charlie normally helped me, stood by me, stuck up for me. He's always been there for me when needed and now I wish I was there for him. I just want him back with me. One last time.

"We got more mail" Joe picks up the letters.
"Let's have a look then Joe dear" mother says softly. She always sounds like an angel fallen from heaven.
Joe hands the envelopes to her. She gracefully takes them from him while pouring herself another mug full of ground tea.
She opens the first one with the nearest sharp thing and sits down with one leg over the other.
She gasps while holding her hand over her mouth and looks emotionally
shocked.
"What's wrong mother?" Big Joe asks looking very grim.
"It's Charlie, he's been shot.."
Joe looks at her confused while Molly hugs baby Tommo with a tight grip as she bursts out sobbing.
"Is he gonna be okay?" Big Joe mumbles.
" HES DEAD JOE! OUR CHARLIE IS DEAD" mother breaks down while rubbing joes shoulder as he hugs her.
"I wonder if Tommos gonna be alright out there all by himself" mother whimpers.
Molly looks up at her willingly wiping the thick tears from running down her glistened pink cheeks "this is our Tommo we're talking about, I've never known him to be a quitter. He'll be home before we know it. Just gotta have hope we do"
Mother looks round at her and slightly peeks out a smile but her eyes screamed out with salty water.
"You're right mol, he'll be home before we know it".