Chapter 1

...My hands start to shake.

He takes them in his own and tells me not to worry. But I can't seem to shake that feeling of being watched, like you're being hunted. We walk deeper into the woods, to be more secluded. Finally! Alone time at last.

We sit down and he smiles at me. I blush and smile down at the ground. I still can't get over that Scott asked me to go out with him 4 months ago. A crush for 3 years? Psssh...

We had finished our lunch and were moving on to desert when Scott flicked his head to the right.

"What?" I asked.

"I thought I heard something" He replied and shrugged it off.

10 seconds later there was a rustle in the bushes behind us. Now whatever it was had grabbed my attention. We turned around and studied the bushes. I didn't see anything but then Scott's eyes lit up in fear. He told me to stay behind him and be calm. Something shook the tree behind us. We whipped around and saw nothing. The sounds started coming from all around us. Trapping us. Closing in on us. Circling us. Now I was scared to death, Scott had a worried but determined look on his face. I wondered what had him so calm. I was about to ask when a howl pierced my ears. Scott grabbed my hand and pulled me close.