~Chapter 3~

~Chapter 3: The Golden Heart~
Beep Beep Beep....Beep. My green eyes opened with start scared to feel the wet cushion of the couch underneath me. To my surprise it wasn't wet at all, it must of dried overnight while I slept. I sighed of relief and realized I was on the couch. I had forgotten all about last night and the sprinkler until my shoulder started to ache. Then it all came back to me, the shark, the alarm, the burnt doll, and our wet house. The shark......That's why my shoulder hurt, it bumped into me, but it was just a dream, wasn't it? Maybe while I was sleeping I hit it against the bed post or something or maybe my dreams tricked my brain into thinking my shoulder hurt. No it couldn't have been I have foam around my bedposts(I'm wierd deal with it). This freaked me out, all the scenarios that could've happened, couldn't have happened. Maybe I was just thinking my shoulder hurt. Beep Beep Beep......Beep. My alarm suddenly rang, I shook my head out of my daydreams and realized that it was already 6:30. I panicked and ran to my room, only to find my room had become a mess since I ran past it knocking things over. I didn't mind it, but wished it was cleaner. I can be a strict person when it comes to cleaning, but I was to stressed to think about cleaning my room. I quickly changed into my first day of school outfit and grabbed my backpack, running down the stairs. I grabbed an apple and slid my sandals on bolting to the front door like a charging rhinoceros. I opened the door quickly and took a giant bite of my apple. I usually walk to school, but today I ran. Walking from my house to school takes about 15 minutes, but today it only took 8. I opened the school door and found our purple, blue, and gold mascot dolphin named summer in the middle of the walkway. The school buzzed with kids opening their lockers, walking to class, or talking to their friends, I walked quickly to my purple locker and grabbed anything I needed for class, just as the last kids were getting to class. The bell rang just as I got situated in my seat. As usual the tv in the class turned on with the morning news, from the students in news club. We said the pledge of aligence and sat back down in our seats. Mrs. Alarz began to take attendance like usual, I sat back in my seat thinking about our cheer routine. "Eve Jordyn" she said in a kind but strict voice, "present" I said quietly. "Angelica Kart" she said "present" Angelica said in a sweet stern voice, "Addie Lizare" she said "present" Addie said quickly. "Ok that concludes our attendance" she said, I raised my hand "Yes Eve?" She said couriously, "why did we stop attendence at L?" I said as I looked at her, "well half the class is at a field trip, and tomorrow A-L will be going on this field trip". She said slowly like I didn't understand, "but today's the first day of school" I said "yes I know, but the field trip...........nevermind, you wouldn't understand" I didn't say anything after that because it would lead into a giant lecture that would go on and on and on. Mrs. Alarz started talking, but all I could think about was what the field trip was, I blanked out and imagined all the possibilities. Soon enough it was the end of the school day and I was walking home. I sighed and looked at my special golden heart locket. It gave me hope. I was never able to crack it open, but I knew something good will always happen as long as I have the locket. It reminded me of family and my home and everything that made me, me. One day that locket would be to important to live without. As I opened the door to my home I thought of the adventure ahead.