Chapter Two Preperation

Haymitch woke up staying at his father passed out on the couch. "Bitch" he uttered quietly in far of waking his father. He struggled to get up before using the window sill to get up.

He looked at his father before liking for his mother. "Mom!" He whispered as loud as he could without awakening his father.

"Over here Haymitch." He looked around until he saw his mother laying on the ground. He quickly ran to her side.

"What did he do to you mom?" Haymitch asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about me baby. Come on let's get ready for today." She said as Haymitch helped her stand up. He looked at her worried before responding "Alright."

"Mom do you think they'll call me this year as tribute." Haymitch asked. His mother looked at him sadly "I don't know sweetie but if they do you win. You win those games and we leave your dad."

Haymitch looked at his mother happily. "If I do get chosen and win, and dad comes after us I'll protect you mom."

His mother looked at him before smiling. "My sweet little man. Come here and give me a hug." She said before giving him a hug.
She pulled him away and held him by his shoulders, she looked him in the eyes and said "I love you Haymitch, don't ever forget that."

He looked at his mom and smiled, "I love you too mom. Come on we need to hurry up the reaping is going to begin soon."

His mother's cheerfulness deflated as soon as she heard what he said.

"I guess your right now let's get you ready" she said as her voice cracked. They began to get ready.