three

The thing is, Harry never ends up texting Louis. He doesn't know why, and he doesn't necessarily have a good excuse, but the first thing was that he has to get his homework done. Then, he usually goes downstairs and talks with his mum, but both of those things are done now. So, he really has no excuse not to text Louis. He just can't bring himself to do it. He's afraid he'll say something wrong or use one of those shortcuts but not realize that it's not what he thought it meant. He did that with lol once. So, it was a bit embarrassing when his sister texted him from home saying that she was home sick as a dog, and he said lol. As in lots of love. Apparently he found out pretty quickly that it didn't mean lots of love when his sister asked why being sick was funny. She thought his mistake was funny though, so at least it ended up okay. That and she's his sister, so it was okay with that. He can't make that mistake with louis though. No way.

Harry decides to go out with his mum to the store instead, putting off the task of texting up a boy that he so dearly wants to get to know.

Meanwhile, Louis is just on his way out to an early dinner with his mum and sisters. There's no dad in the picture, and they're a busy family. Which means that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that they're actually all able to go out together. Louis finds it funny.

When they sit down at the table, Louis is constantly checking his phone, waiting for a text that isn't guaranteed to come. The little girls have run to the bathroom to wash their hands, which Louis did before leaving. His mum notices his fidgeting, which is why she gives him a look. "Expecting some girl to text, Lou?" she asks jokingly, a smile on her face.

Louis looks up, "What? Uhm, no. A boy, actually," he says.

His mum nods, "I'm sorry, hon. You know I'm okay with your sexuality, I just don't really know who you, you know-"

Louis nods, "Like. I know, Mum, trust me. You're new to it," he looks away for a moment, then speaks up, "at the moment it's a boy though. This one's adorable. He's in a few of my classes. He's really shy, stutters almost every word. I think it's some social anxiety thing or some speech thing, I didn't ask since that would be really personal, but he said I'm pretty so that's a good thing," he grins, "I find him cute, so," he shrugs, a soft smile on his face.

His mum, Jay, is beaming at him, "That's wonderful, baby," she nods, "I'm happy for you," she tells him as the girls come running back to the table. Louis nods to her before looking down at his menu. He flips through the sections of food. There's too much to order. He just wants ravioli.

Harry has chicken nuggets. His dad was on a business trip, his mum had to go in for a sudden late shift, and his sister is currently out with a friend. Harry doesn't mind eating on his own. He doesn't care much, seeing as his family is usually home other nights. So this isn't a regular thing for him to be alone.

It just hits seven o'clock, when he picks up his phone. He holds it in his hands for five minutes straight, and then clicks on a number he seems to have had memorized the whole day long. He presses the contact and hits send message, typing out a text.

Harry: hi louis, it's harry

He hits send, and he feels as though he's holding his breath as he waits for a reply. Soon enough, it comes.

Louis: hi harry, it's louis

Harry: i know, you texted me from your phone earlier.

Louis: i know too, im just being polite :)

Harry smiles to himself, biting his lip as he plops down on the couch, sitting Indian style.

Harry: oh lol i should've known

Louis: that's alright, you're cute so i guess i'll let it pass ;)

Harry: why thanks

Louis: my pleasure

Louis: i must ask tho, would you possibly like to go out with me sometime?

Harry freezes with his phone in his hands, his eyes growing wide. He panics for a moment, not knowing what to do or what to say. Then, he remember the footie game in two days, at the end of the week on Friday. He usually never goes, but it's the only place he can think of where he and Louis can meet up and hang out. Especially since it's always a big thing and there won't be the pressure of them being alone.

Harry: the football game is on Friday, i guess i could meet you there?

He bounces his knee rapidly.

Louis: yeah sure, that works with me!

Harry lets out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

Harry: okay. I'll see you there, then.

He purses his lips, suppressing a smile, and nods to himself. He lays down, the side of his face stuffed into the pillow as he rushes to call his old friend from before he moved to Doncaster.

"Harry! What's up, haven't talked in a few days," he smiles at the sound of his friends voice.

"Nothin much, I have a problem though, Ni, a-and I'm not sure if it's a problem or if it's like, uh, okay," he confesses, and when his friend is quiet and lets him continue, continue he does. "I have a crush on someone, and I think he asked me out but I-I'm not sure if he really did or if he wanted to just hang out," he tells him.

"What did you say? Did u say anything back to him?" he asks.

Harry pouts, even though Niall can't see him, "I said we could meet up at the footie game on Friday."

Niall tsk's from the other end, "You should've let him choose where you guys go. But just go and have fun and don't worry about what he or anyone else thinks because there's no doubt that he doesn't like you. You're adorable," he tells him.

Harry sighs, "Okay."

"I mean it, Harry. Now I gotta go because me Mum is naggin about me not doing my laundry. We'll talk later," he says, and after saying goodnight they both hang up.

-

I have the next chapter but I decided that instead of having this one be even longer I'll split it in half so bOOM ily all I hope you like this!!