You will never know the truth.

Breakfast went great Emily thought no one brought up the past few weeks and she was happy to get out of the house and away from her parent’s prying eyes. It’s not like she tried to kill her self, why wouldn’t anyone get that?

“Are you ready?” The voice belonged to Zayn who stood closet to the door of the frozen yogurt shop they frequented whenever they came into this part of the city.

“What?” Niall placed a hand on his wide eyed sisters back as the trio gazed out into the parking lot that had filled with paparazzi and fans alike. “So how are we going to get to the car?” Niall joked watching Zayn’s hand on the bar.

“Like this.” Zayn reached down and grabbed Niall’s hand pulling the siblings out onto the sidewalk. Cameras flashed and people yelled out the boy’s names as they ran through the hordes of paparazzi.

As the boys didn’t stop the screams seem to get more aggressive, it wasn’t something that the boys weren’t use too. To the contrary Niall and especially Zayn were use to the jeers of the paparazzi just trying to get a reaction out of them. Niall however wasn’t use to them bringing his sister into the mix.

The Irishman had just shut the door behind his sister when the heckle came. “So are we babysitting the basket case?” Emily didn’t hear what the man had said but the next thing she knew she was watching Niall lunge at the paparazzi through the window.

“No!” she yelped moving to open the door of the SUV but Zayn slammed it shut as he hopped out of the passengers seat pulling Niall away from the angry man.

Zayn shoved Niall into the passenger’s seat of the Audi slamming the door before rounding the car to the get into the drivers seat. Both boys sat fuming as Zayn slowly pulled the car out of the parking lot and away from all the offending cameras.

“What did he say?” Emily asked once the car was on the street and safely moving towards their home. Both boys ignored her but Zayn’s quick look to Niall wasn’t wasted on her. “Niall?” She questioned. Nothing. “Zayn, what did he say?” Emily had unbuckled her seatbelt and moved to the center of the back seat to lean over the center console and look at the boys.

“Em,” Zayn sucked his lower lip into his mouth, he always did that when he was thinking of a particularly hard question. “Put your seat belt on.” He dismissed.

Huffing Emily pushed back into the seat snapping the belt back on and pulling out her phone, the last thing she needed was someone else thinking she had a death wish. ‘This isn’t going to work.’ Emily tapped to her best friend Katie before shoving the phone back into her pocket. How did they think they were going to shelter her from all the questions and drag her around North America?

When they got back to the Horan household Emily marched up the stairs pausing in front of Niall’s bedroom door before opting to spend the rest of the afternoon in her own. The boys stayed downstairs speaking in hushed tones and avoiding her at all costs.

Emily wasn’t sure when she had fallen asleep but she woke around nine to hear Niall arguing with their parents downstairs. “You should have heard,” From her bed the voices were distorted and hard to make out so Emily walked quietly to her door cracking it slightly. She could see the Niall’s leg as he sat at the breakfast bar talking with their parent’s whom she assumed were in the kitchen. “I freaked.”

“Damn.” Emily hissed moving to the top of the stairs, she had missed what the paparazzi had said but now it was at least confirmed that it was in fact about her.

“How did the media find out?” That was their mother for you, a calm voice avoiding the panic and hurt that was boiling over inside her son.

Emily heard Niall’s shaky sigh, her thin knees were shaking as she thought of what could have upset her brother that bad. He was her twin, she felt responsible for him. “Mom, anyone in the hospital could have recognized the name Horan.” She heard her mothers begin to speak but Niall cut her off. “It’s not that hard to put two and two together.”

“We can’t take her to France with us Niall.” Emily had almost forgot the reason she couldn’t stay with her parent’s they had business in France and there would be no one to make sure she didn’t try to off her self. The girl snickered at the thought, this false diagnoses had to be the worst thing that ever happened to her. “How about she goes to the first shows in England? If something happened I will fly back.”

“That sounds good.” Emily could see Niall stand up and rushed back into her room, as she heard Niall’s heavy footsteps coming up the stairs she pulled the duvet up to her shoulders and pretended to be asleep.

“Emmy?” Niall pushed open the door to his sister’s room, nearly everything is untouched. It had been weeks since she last slept in the bad even longer since she had slept consecutive nights there. “I know you’re not asleep.”

Emily sighed sitting up and patting the spot beside her, see that was the thing about being twins you could feel each other you could sense every emotion. “What happened today?” Emily’s voice sounded thick with sleep.

“I don’t want to talk about that.”  Niall leaned back against the light pink walls opening his arms for his sister to lean against his chest. “Is there anything I can do to make this as least traumatic for you as possible?” Niall laughed messing his sister’s hair.

Emily pursed her lips thinking about the real reason she didn’t want to go on tour with her brother’s band. “Don’t treat me different, I guess.” That wasn’t right, she still wanted them to remember that she was a girl and not ‘just another one of the guys.’ “Just don’t treat me like I’m about to break. I’m fine, I really am.”

Niall nodded. “I trust you.” He said but Emily could tell that he was still allowing his mind to run wild. “I just feel like there is something you are not telling me.”

Emily’s eyes shot to her brother’s face than back to the wall ahead of her, she would be stupid to think that her brother wouldn’t catch on. She’d be stupid to think that her brother wouldn’t have noticed the absence of her long time boyfriend before ‘the incident’ as they were calling it. “Don’t worry about Danny.” Emily smiled sadly. “He just thinks I’m a freak.”

Niall didn’t quite believe his sister but he wasn’t going to pressure her, she would tell him when she was ready. At least he hoped she would. “C’mon,” Niall sat up forcing his sister to do the same. “Lets order some Pizza.”