five ◇ you're missed

"Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not gonna make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you care about used to be."

✖✖✖

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked as he laid next to me on the floor of his room. "I don't know." I muttered and that wasn't a lie; I really had no idea. "Are you?" He simply shook his head. "No. Not at all."

I turned to my side to face him. "It'd be stupid to ask what's wrong, huh... Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

"Just... Just stay here with me, okay?" I could hear that he was on the verge of tears and it completely broke my heart. "Okay. I love you."

Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Or maybe that was the exact thing I had to say. All I knew was that he suddenly broke out in tears, shutting his eyes tightly. "I love you too."

As soon as he said those words, I could feel my eyes sting with tears as well. I reached out to hug him and he immediately pressed his face onto my chest. I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

God, he really didn't deserve this. This was simply terrible.

x x x

"Is Taehyung okay?" Jimin asked me the next day at school. I sighed and shook my head. "Not really. Are you, though? He was your boyfriend, after all..." I shut my locker before I looked at my best friend. Jimin didn't answer, he just stood there, obviously sad. "Sorry," I whispered.

The bell rang. Ugh. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be at home and comfort Taehyung in any way. He didn't go to school, he preferred staying in bed which I understood. It surprised me that Jimin came to school too. I didn't think he would.

When I turned around, I was faced with someone I'd rather have not seen.

"Hana." I stated. She looked at me as if she'd just seen a ghost. "What do you want?" Jimin asked, glaring at her. I guess he didn't exactly like her either. "I-" She choked out, but instead of continuing, she simply ran away. What the fuck? Has she gone completely insane?

"The hell was that?" Jimin muttered and I shrugged. "Don't know. Probably nothing important... Let's go to class." I responded and he nodded. We then made our way to class.

During class, Hana kept shooting Jimin and me weird, nervous looks. She bit her lip and looked more than troubled. Everytime I'd caught her looking, I just glared at her, making her lower her head in shame. I hated her and I didn't care if she knew that.

After class, though, she ran up to me. "J-Jungkook, I have to- We need to talk, meet me at the parking lot after school." Before I had any chance to answer, she ran away again. Should I go see her and talk to her? I'd never seen her look like that before so maybe this was something really important? I guess it wouldn't hurt, right?

But first it was time for lunch. Jimin and I sat at our usual place but this time, neither of us said a word to each other. I couldn't bring myself to eat it so I just stared at my sandwich. Most of the people here didn't utter a word, as they'd heard about...it. But that made it even worse; it affected everybody, not only us. I missed his cheerful personality so much, surely he'd be the one trying to cheer us all up right now. If he was here...

"Stop thinking about it." Jimin whispered. I was gonna say something because I thought he meant me, but that wasn't the case. He hit his head against the table multiple times and I couldn't do anything but watch as he kept telling himself to stop thinking about it.

"Jimin, stop it..." I don't know if he heard me or not but he stopped. Instead now he was silently crying. I'd never seen my best friend like this. He was always happy and never sad, never did he cry. It made my heart ache to see my best friend this...broken.

Nothing else happened for the rest of lunch time. After that, we returned to class but I really couldn't concentrate on the lesson. I couldn't stop thinking about what Hana was going to tell me. I'd always seen her as nothing but an arrogant bitch but now she was almost the exact opposite of that and it shocked me. Did it affect her that much? I couldn't believe it, after all this was Hana.

"Mr. Jeon, are you listening?" The teacher suddenly asked me. I looked at her and realized she was standing in front of my desk. I shook my head and she sighed. "I know you must feel terrible after having lost a friend but please focus on the lesson, okay?" Could she be any less sensitive? I nodded but I wasn't really going to. How the hell could I?

As soon as school was over, I ran out of the building and to the parking lot, where I met Hana who was standing next to her car. "What did you want to talk about?"

She hesitated for a bit before sighing. "Jungkook, I... I know who killed Hoseok."

...what?

x x x

A/N: i know this is like super late and super short but i'm gonna let you guys know that i will seriously try to update as much as i can after next week. i'm sorry. (This is barely 900 words long but I'd rather update now with a shorter chapter than keep you waiting any longer.)