Chapter 13 Wells

He was awoken that night, to see his cell door open, and a girl step in. The girl had ginger-like hair, and was basically in rags. A guard pushed her in, then locked the door immediately. Wells sat up on his bottom to acknowledge her. She looked extremely unimpressed to see Wells, as she made her way over to the cot Ameko previously slept on before she was released. 

"Oh uh..Hello?" Wells asked, tilting his head in confusion. He knew she was his new cellmate, but he would prefer this girl tell him at least some information about herself before he started sleeping in the same room as her. 

"Hey...Who're you exactly? Another one of the confined that my treacherous sister put away?" The girl asked, with honestly not that much respect in her tone. Wells shrugged. 

"I'm apart of..the sky people..Lexa put me away for awhile...Wait, did you say Sister?" Wells crossed his arms curiously. The ginger haired girl laid down on her back, staring up at the ceiling. 

"Yes, Lexa is my Sister..Although she really doesn't act like it..." The girl scoffed, turning her vision towards Wells. "My name is Claudia, what about yours?" 

"Wells...Why are you put away?" Wells uncrossed his arms, and put his hands together, leaning forward to match her vision. The girl shrugged, rising back on to her bottom. 

"Some stuff I pulled back in the Outlands...like robbing from some of her villagers..." Claudia snickered, covering her mouth and shaking her head. "What'd you do? Considering your people and Lexa's people are at peace now, you had to do something drastic to get in here." 

"Yeah...About five or six days ago, I aimed a rifle at her, threatening to pull the trigger." Wells couldn't help but laugh, a smile sparking upon his face. "I don't care what anyone says...I'll never trust them. Trikru is nothing but a bunch of self loathing murderers...And I vow to never be apart of their bullshit!" Wells protested. 

"You and me the same! Of course some of my hatred for Trikru, is because I was suppose to be the Commander and wasn't chosen..That's why I am with the plain-Riders. At least we show compassion for each other...Sure, we may get rough at times, but we care for each other at the end of the day..unlike these bumbling excuses for Warriors." Claudia protested as well, smiling at Wells widely. 

"The Plain-Riders? Your apart of them? Do you know Ameko?" 

"Of course I do. She is the supplier for our clan. She kills and supplies the livestock..of course we steal the livestock off of Lexa's group..but it doesn't matter, they have more then they need." Claudia grinned. Wells grinned as well, feeling a connection between the two. The plain-riders are his kind of people. They seem simple and caring. Exactly what he was looking for. But then again, this City Of Light which Lexa mentioned sounded tempting as well. He was debating whether he should take up her offer. The cell door opened right up, and the same guard who pushed Claudia in, returned. 

"Wells of the Sky people. Come forth, you have a visitor." The guard addressed him, and Wells rose up to exit the cell. He exited his cell, entering the halls to see Clarke waiting him. 

"Thank you, Osiris." Clarke said to the guard, before shifting her gaping view upon Wells. "Hey...I..I just wanted to check on you." Clarke half smiled, before fully frowning. 

"Yeah..Thanks, Clarke." Wells said, with a roll of his eyes, he crossed his arms. He had mixed emotions for Clarke. She totally sided with the Grounders that day she brought Lexa and her warriors to the camp. "Aside from the bruises and cold cells, I'm doing alright..what about you?" 

"I'm doing fine as well...Lexa gave me a room. Here. I guess I'll be actually staying for a while..." Clarke fiddled her thumbs around, staring down at the cracked tiled floors. "I'll be able to visit you more often.." 

"You may not have to...I might be leaving any day now." Wells spoke up. Clarke shot her gaze back upon him, as she allowed her hands to fall by her side. 

"What do you mean? I thought she said you have to stay here a while..." 

"She offered me a deal. Rot here until my trial day comes, or leave with the people who sided with me, to the City Of Light...I'm planning on leaving." 

"City Of Light?" Clarke repeated after him. "I believe lexa told me about that..isn't everyone allowed to go there or something?"

"A place where there is no pain or hatred, everyone is accepted for who they are, and what they believe in." Wells smiled proudly. Clarke looked like she didn't agree with his plans, but she didn't want to kill his spirit, he could tell. 

"Sounds perfect for you...when are you leaving?" 

"I'm still debating...I may just lie and say i'm going to the city of light so when I am out of this place, I can just go join the Plain-Riders." He shrugged. 

"Wells...You did enough...Please don't lie...If not for yourself, then for me...I'll see you tomorrow, I have to get to sleep...Goodnight." Clarke's final words were before she turned and began walking down the hallway, turning to a corner. Wells watched as his Old Best friend walked away. He felt hurt inside for some undiscovered reason, but disregarded it and returned to his cell, where Claudia stood, staring at Wells as he entered. 

"Who'd you talk to?" She asked with an average expression. Wells shrugged, taking a seat. 

"Just an old friend..." He sighed. He knew he was losing Clarke. The girl he knew on The Ark, was gone. Earth can really change the people your close with.