Rant #3

Ok so I even though the 2 rants before this one were told in a jokingly matter, I'm actually serious about this one because it really makes me upset.  It's about the fact that black girls in America allow ourselves to be the laughing stock of the media.  Even to the point where we allow black boys and men to do the same thing.  

We are constantly seen as "ghetto" or "ratchet" because of where we are from and how we may behave.  I have experienced first hand that because I am already black, people of other races, and maybe even other black people, will think of you as "ghetto" or "ratchet" before you open your mouth.  

The worst part is that we don't even realize that the media is making FUN of us with what we may consider as black culture. Twerking is ratchet and disgusting when black girls do it, but let Miley Cyrus get up on stage and twerk as much as she wants, now it's a trend.  It's okay for other races to like our culture, but they don't realize that it comes to a point where they feel as if they need to be involved in every aspect of our culture and tradition.  We allow them to take and take and what do we end up with? Nothing, because they've taken it and made fun of it, then go back home to their own traditions when they're came to their senses.

Not only black girls, but young females in general feel the need to get on social media websites and be revealing, saying disgusting things and thinking they're cute, when it's embarrassing.  Because the only way a black girl is gonna be thought of as "beautiful" by her own men is if she has a big ass, a pretty face, and no weave? Boys and men today compare us to women in the media who they believe all these things to be true, but they aren't.

And it's such a double standard for men to expect so much out of us and we should have no expectations in return? Ok that's all I'm gonna write because this stuff really gets me mad but just take the time to think about the fact that we need give ourselves so much more credit.  Stop worrying about which agle to take your next instagram picture and think about maybe focusing on your schoolwork, because we are in charge of our education.  And if we don't take charge of it, what are we going to do?  Black females already have the short end of the stick, we just need to realize that not all of us are going to be the next beyonce or rihanna or whoever you aspire to be, and it's not realistic.  I'm not saying don't give up on your dream, but think about something to fall on if that doesn't work out.

Okay, I'm done complaining but I hope whoever reads this takes it seriously. You guys should look at black-people-confessions.tumblr.com, it's eyeopening.