Chapter 1

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are....."

This was one of the childhood songs Amerissa loved and still loves to this day. She's 16 now. Sometimes she wonders how she got into this situation......

♢ ♢♢♢♢♢♢

*Flashback*

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! What happened to our house? Mommy?"

"Yes Ammey? "

Her mom looked frazzled and distracted. The house was burning. There were firemen desperately trying to put the fire out. Amerissa was standing outside the burning house next to her mom, with her cat Maple in her arms. Her brother Jack was sat down on the ground with his head in his hands, and her dad was standing next to her mom, holding her tight.

"Mommy are we going to get out house back? Mommy?" She called out desperately.

Her mom's eyes glazed over, almost looking like she was in a trance, staring listlessly at the sight of the burning house. The firemen were still trying to put out the fire. Her brother had started crying. There were people everywhere, and they lived in the middle of nowhere.

Amerissa wasn't used to all this commotion. She didn't like it.

The world started to spin. It was getting blurry.

"Mommy? Why is the world spinning?"Amerissa asked.

Her mom gave no response, staring silently into the burning house.

Suddenly her dad grabbed her roughly, and yanked her brother and mother with him.

"We have to go. Now."

"Why daddy? The firemen are putting out the fire."

"Come on Ammey we have to go. I'll explain later."

Her dad frantically started toward the burning house. He took Amrissa with him, along with the whole family. Amerissa faintly heard the firemen behind them yelling and running after them, but right now she needed to get to the burning house. She trusted her dad.

As soon as they ran in, her dad lead them down a burning hallway, into a secret door with a dark passageway. Her dad lead them through it. The hallway was damp and dark. Her dad lead the way.

"Ammey hold on to Maple and hold hands with mommy and Jack ok? I only have one flashlight so I'll go in front. "

"Ok daddy. Where are we going?"

Amerissa was somewhat of an ignorant and fearless kid. Then again, who wasn't?

"Daddy will tell you later ok? We really need to get to the other side right now."

The rest of the walk was silent, with the exception of water dripping from the ceiling and the occasional rat scurrying by.

They emerged a short distance from the house, and from there, they disappeared.

♢♢♢ ♢♢♢♢

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi! So this is my first story, so I'm really sorry about the chapter being short and stuff like that. Anyways I hope you enjoy!

Pretty cover by: dreamer16847