What a Day

"LIGUORI!" A voice screeched, shattering the peaceful aura floating in the air. PJ sighed deeply, counting this as the third time this week that he was going home with a headache. He plastered on a smile before turning around to face his boss.

"Yes sir! What can I do for you?" He replied almost smugly.
"PJ, can you tell me why I'm finding all these God damn complaints in the complaint box?" His boss aggressively whispered at him.
"Well maybe if we weren't working in a shit hole..." He muttered almost inaudibly.
"What did you say Liguori??" Mr. Awbrey questioned.
"Oh nothing, sir. I'll get on it, sir. Thank you so very much, sir!" He fired off and rushed to his next task, so he could remove his fake smile and relax.

Mr. Awbrey was a misogynistic forty year old Hispanic man who owned a referee company when he was in college, so this meant, obviously, that his word was law.

On the other hand, PJ was a creative, slender British fellow with locks of hair you could surf on and piercing green eyes. He enjoyed helping people, but Awbrey was driving him crazy.

He looked at the clock on the wall. Five o'clock, oh thank god, he thought to himself as he clocked out. He danced his way out the door and grooved his way over to his car.

He turned the key and starting nodding along to Tonight You Belong to Me. There was something about this song that made him feel warm inside, no matter how pissed off Awbrey made him.

PJ arrived at his apartment just as the sun was starting to set. He checked the mail and noticed he got his check for the week. Excited, he ran inside and jumped on his bed, excited to see how much he got this week. He used his banking app to cash it, noticing it was worth 100 dollars. It seemed like a lot, but after you subtract food, rent, and bills, he had ten dollars to put into his art school fund. It had reached 140 dollars, and PJ stared at it longingly. We'll get there someday.

Hello there my friends! Thank you for reading this. It means the stars to me that you took the time to observe my writing. Please let me know how you like it! I'm going to try to update often. But please feel free to comment, vote, and I hope you enjoy what I have in store for you! Adieu my lovely friends!