A Hard Knock Life [A Shoey FanFic]

Chapter 1

==========================================================

*Shane's POV*

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* I slammed my hand on top of my alarm clock and look at the time. 7:02am. Time for another day at school.

I got up and began the normal routine. Taking a shower, straightening my hair, brushing my teeth, and putting on makeup. You may be wondering, "Shane why are you wearing makeup if your a guy?" It's because I use it to cover up the bruises from my dad when he beats me. No one at school knows about it. Well no one except my best friend Lisa. I tell her EVERYTHING.

After I throw on a a red and white T-shirt and some jeans I go downstairs to tell my mom goodbye. But before I even make it two steps out of my door I can already hear my dad yelling at me.

Shane's dad: Hey look there's my faggot son. Or should I say daughter?

I ignore him and keep walking towards the door.

S dad: Faggot at least come tell me good bye!

I still do my best to tune him out. I walk up to my mom who is currently making herself and my father some coffee. I give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Shane: Love you mom!

S mom: Love you too sweetie!

Right as I reach for the door I feel a cold hand on my shoulder. It's my dads.

S dad: Aren't you gonna give your daddy a kiss you little pussy!

I'm so tires of my dads bullshit. I turn around and start to yell.

Shane: Fuck you dad! Why don't you take your pathetic ass somewhere else because no one wants you here! You're always drunk and- *SMASH*

I'm cut off by the sound of glass shattering. He took his bottle of vodka and busted it on my head. I feel a bit dizzy and then everything goes black.... I wake up just ten minutes later by the sound of screaming and yelling. I sit up and rub the top of my head. I can already feel a enormous bump. I look in front of me and see my mom and dad arguing and then all of a sudden my dad shoves my mom to the ground and kicks her in her ribs.

I feel a surge of anger run through my body and tackle my dad to the ground but the only reason he fell is because he wasn't expecting it and he is drunk. Him being around 250 pounds he easily shoved me off and punched me until I was black and blue and when it was all finally over he went upstairs and slammed his door shut. I went over to check on my mom. She said she was ok and for me to go on to school. I told her I loved her once more and headed out the door.

Like usual Lisa was waiting on me one block over next to a stop sign. I walked up to her trying to hold back tears but failed miserably.

Shane: H-He broke a glass on my head and kicked my mom in her stomach. I whimpered

Lisa: It's okay Shane we are going to school now so you won't have to deal with him for a few hours.

Shane: Well schools no better! Everyone makes fun of me there too and I get beat up by Sawyer and his gang everyday! I yelled back.

Lisa: Well we'll get through this together she said as the school bus approached us.

We got in the bus and sat In the front trying to stay as far away from Sawyer and then as possible. Since they sat in the back they pretty much ignored us.

On our way to school we stopped and picked up a few more people. We finally only had one more stop left that usually picked up Meghan, one of Lisa's friends, but this time someone else came on with her. He was tall, skinny but muscular at the same time, and his dirty blonde hair hung just above his eyebrows exactly like mine. He walked up and sat right next to me and Lisa along with Meghan. Lisa asked Meghan who this handsome fellow was sitting next to her. She told her that his name was Joey and he just moved here from Boston. I immediately took interest in Joey. There is something special about him but I just don't know what it is.