Chapter 9 Part 2/ My Soulmate

He starts to run toward me with another one of his beer bottles but this time I'm ready for it. I squeeze my eyes shut tight and prepare for the blow to the head. But it never comes. All of a sudden I hear another *BANG* and then my dad falls to the ground in front of me. But what I see in front of me is the last thing I expected. It was my mom standing with the gun pointed at where my father was just standing. She finally built up the courage to do it. She shot my dad. And with that. It felt as if all my troubles just melted away. But I knew it was just too little too late

*Shane's POV*

I don't know what to think. I don't know what to feel. I don't know what to say. So, I just run over to my mom and wrap my arms around her. She hugs me back and exhales. After we just stand there and hug for about 2 minutes I hear police sirens. I would be freaking out more but I know there is no use. I know Jerid is dead and there's nothing anyone can do about it. So I just decide to embrace the good moments and hope they last forever.

Soon I hear the sirens and paramedics run inside and the cops don't follow too far behind. They pick Jerid and my dad up and put them both on two separate stretchers. To be honest I want to be in the hospital with my dad so I can hear the flat line. I know it sounds evil but he has made my life a living hell for the past 16 years and he just caused my brother to kill himself. And if he lives...I don't think I'll be able to live anymore.

*2 hours later*

We have been sitting in the hospital for a while now. I don't really know why though. I know Jerid is dead and I don't give two shits if my dad dies or not. As long as I don't have to see him again. I've already texted Lisa and told her everything that has happened she's on her way here now to comfort me.

Lisa: Shane! Oh my god are you alright!?

Shane: Yeah, I'm fine. She gives me a hug.

Lisa: How's Jerid?

Shane: He's...He's dead..

Lisa: Shane I'm so sorry I can only imagine what you're going through right now.

Shane: It's fine..really..

Lisa: And...your dad..how is he?..Is he going to live?

Shane: I hope not. If he does then I don't think I'll be able to.

Lisa: Shane! Don't say that! Remember your friends are here for you. And remember, you've got Joey ;) She winks at me.

Shane: Oh yeah, about Joey...I'm dating Tyler now and me and Joey got into a big fight about me and him being together...

Lisa: Tyler Oakley?! SHANE! YOU'RE MEANT TO BE WITH JOEY!

Shane: No I'm not! I thought I was at first but then Tyler came along. And besides! Its not like Joey has expressed any interest in me until Tyler was in the picture! He's just trying to fuck up my life even more.

Lisa: Trust me Shane. I've seen the way you all look at each other. There's a spark! No, there's a firework! You two are soulmates!

Shane: Tyler! My soulmate is Tyler God damnit! I just know it!

Lisa: Whatever Shane. I'll talk to you some other time. But you should really go talk to Joey. Bye.

Shane: Whatever bye...

I wonder if Joey really could be my soul mate...