Chapter 2

The rain was pounding in the metal bus stop as I hid for shelter from the rain, as well as Ryder. What he had done confused me, why did I listen to him? Being deep in thought I hadn't heard the footsteps walking towards the metal hut. Ryder's head came around the corner, I turned my body away from him slightly. A sigh escaped he's plump lips, cold air was seen escaping his mouth. Crouching in front of me he looks up at me with giant doe eyes.

Fiddling with my fingers, I moved my hand towards my pouty lips I started to bit the top of my fingertips. With a fast movement, Ryder took hold of my tiny hands. "Don't" he huskily demanded, shaking my head back and forth I attempted to wrench my hands from his grip. "Why?" The word slipped past my quivering lips. Raising my eyes to meet his piercing eyes, I was met with confusion and an unknown emotion.

His spoke breaking our deep gaze, "The real question is why not." His voice portrayed confidence but behind it a tone of anger. Not knowing this I decided to try and stand up for my self and keep a bit of my dignity. "I can do whatever I want to Ryder, you don't control my life." Avoiding his touch I slide to the other side of the metal bus stop.

But before I could reach the end of the metal shelter warm hands gripped my thighs with pressure. Halting my movement, his large hands slide off of my thighs, one snaking towards my chin. He tilted my chin towards his face and stared. His eyes looked to encompass many emotions but a few stood out. Anger, sadness, and hope neither were known why to me but I was intrigued to find out why he felt like this. My eyes flickered to his lips, so red and delicious looking they parted and closed again multiple times as if he was stumped on what to say.

His bloody hands dropped from my face and I look to defeat appeared on his face. Nothing was said between us, it didn't have to be. Ryder stood up rating longingly at me for the last time and started to turn away. I watched his retreating figure disappear into the storm. Feeling annoyed I ran back to my apartment.

Creaking the door open, the floorboards creaked underneath me. "Why do you always sneak out Elizabeth" a disappointed voice spoke out to me. Looking up through l my eyelashes I saw my mother. Her hairs now grey and wispy with age, bones protruding out from her wrinkling skin. "I'm sorry mother, you know I have to go out fight we need the money" I argued back. Life has not been the same since my mother was diagnosed with stage 2 brain cancer. She was diagnosed when I was 10 years old

It was then my dead beat father decided to leave, due to apparently couldn't deal with this. From what I have seen he now has moved back into town his new family. Once leaving my mother and I he remarried, became a business owner and had another child with her. I also found out that my father was cheating on my mother when she was pregnant with me, with the same women he is now married to. He had twin boys who are a couple of months older than me but I don't talk with his family or him since what happened.
"Forget about me, Elle go live your life we have enough money to pay for the treatment and for you to go to school." Was what my mother had said and it shocked me, we hardly had enough money for food. Where did she think we would get the money from, it doesn't grow on trees in the back garden. "Mother, my life is by your side helping you and getting money to keep you as healthy as possible" I softly spoke back to her while walking into the rickety kitchen and started to brew my mother her green tea. My mother's voice floated through the kitchen "Elle, please you can injure yourself by fighting for money." Spinning around upon hearing my mother beg for me to quit fighting, I sighed and wrapped my arms around her shoulders resting my chin in the crook of her neck. "Mother, I will fight my way through hell just to make sure you get the treatment needed, I love you and will do everything needed to make sure it happens." A single tear slowly falls down my mothers face as she turned around in her chair while wrapping her arms around me, welcoming me into her warm embrace. "What did I do to deserve you, my sweet Elle."

******************************************************************************************