three: bee

for my beloved, S.

-your A.

_______

Dancing does not go as I had hoped. Harry is only gifted on the field, unfortunately. I tried to have him at least spin in one full circle with a knee bent inward and his hands poised together, like a ballerina, and he's horrible. Tragic.

Dance does end early, though. There were technical difficulties with the radio and Abby didn't bring an ox chord today so nobody could hook their phones up. I was king of glad. Dancing with Harry was hell.

When we leave it's nearing nine at night and it's pitch dark outside, the only lights being the street lamps.

"I think I'll head to my dorm." Harry scratches his neck, looking out into the dark.

"Okay." I nudge him with my elbow. "Everything okay?"

He looks over at me, a smile on his lips. "Yep. All that dancing made me tired." Harry yawns, lifting his arms over his head in a "stretch".

"Okay." I say, not wanting to badger him for info when he clearly doesn't want to talk. "I'll just see you."

"Bye, Bee."

"Bye H."

_____

It's not hard to fall asleep that night. I lay in bed for about ten minutes awake and wondering. What had bothered Harry? Was he uncomfortable? Does he not like dance? Whatever it was made him pretty weird, that's for sure.

Sleep comes fast, thankfully.

________

I don't see Harry until late the next day when he comes over to binge watch Netflix with me.

"Sour patch and Dr. Pepper?" He asks when I've opened the door.

I place my hand over my heart for dramatic effect. "You know me so well."

____

A few weeks later I'm walking out of my last class after my last final when I bump into someone. 

"Oops!" I jump back, clutching my hand to my chest. "I'm so sorry, you scared the crap out of-"

"It's fine." The girls says, raising her hand to stop me talking. "No big deal, just watch where you're walking."

With a glare, she turns on her heel and walks down the hallway. Weird.

____

I call Harry to tell him the good news about my final but he doesn't answer my call. I try texting, but that goes ignored too.

Impatient, I try his dorm. There is no answer, so thinking better of it, I walk in.

It's completely empty and Harry's nowhere to be found. Sighing, I plop onto his bed and bounce as it creeks. His room is normal, though I've seen it many times. There's a nightstand to the right where a lamp and some cologne sits. Across the bed is a long dresser and against the wall opposite the bed is clothes basket, a different dresser, and a few of Harry's gym bags. Plus a mini fridge. I'm just getting up to see if there is anything in there when there's laughing outside the door.

Good, Harry must be back. I sit back down on the bed when the door is pushed open and smile at Harry when he walks in. He doesn't notice me. Apparently he's brought someone with him. Behind him is the same girl I ran into in the hallway, holding his hand and laughing into his neck.

"Um," I cough, trying to fight down the sense of jealousy I feel.

Finally, Harry notices me. "Bee! What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to show you something." I mumble, playing with one of his throw pillows.

"This is Rosie," he introduces, ignoring me completely.

Her stage name? Classy. "Yeah, we've met." I look at her, unable to hide my hate. She's not anything special, just dressed in a sweater dress and boots, her hair tied in a ponytail. Maybe that's it. She's so effortlessly pretty it's unnerving.

"Rosie," Harry turns to her, wrapping a hand around her waist. "This is my best friend, Stella."

"Stella," she drawls, a smirk playing on her lips. "That's... Unique."

That's rich coming from you

"Thanks." I smile at Harry, pushing past them. "Bye Haz."

"Wait, didn't you have to-"

I slam the door shut.

___________________________

Megan Fox! Ow!

But this was boring and I tried to make Harry seem like he was being an asshole and only focused on Rosie. Sorry if it was bad, my whole right hand is asleep right now.