Chapter 9

Eren was walking home after running some errands (ha ha) for him and Levi.

The two had just started living together and Eren loved it. Levi was an amazing person and was super kind. Even if he didn't show it to everyone else, Eren very well knew that Levi loved him more than anything.

But that didn't mean that Levi trusted him completely.

They had been together for only a month and Levi still had his depression issues that he never told anyone about. Not the school councilors, not his friends, not his teachers, not even Eren. So Eren remained completely oblivious as to how mentally damaged Levi really was.

Eren took out his keys and opened the door to the apartment that he and Levi shared.

Once he closed the door, he put the bag of groceries on the counter and went to sit on the couch.

Eren was wondering where Levi was because usually when Eren returned home from something, Levi would be there waiting to give Eren a big hug and Eren returned the favor when ever Levi got home.

But Levi wasn't home even though he had been when Eren had left. Where could Levi be?

Eren then took it upon himself to search the house. He searched their bedroom and the kitchen and the game room they had. Levi wasn't anywhere to be found. Well that was until he came to the bathroom.

This was the last place he could be and if he wasn't here then he had to have gone out. Eren hoped that was the case so he could be sure Levi was ok.

But when Eren opened the bathroom door, it was obvious that Levi was not ok.

He was laying on the ground and his shirt was soaked in blood. His arms were cut up and Levi looked like he had been beaten up.

Eren dropped to the floor and took Levi in his arms. But there was something different about Levi this time.

His body was cold. And that is saying something because Levi is someone who gets cold a lot. So his body was colder than normal.

Feeling very frightened for Levi's health, Eren felt for a pulse. But he was shattered into a million pieces when he didn't feel a single thing no matter how many different spots he tried.

"Levi! Levi wake up!" Eren yelled as he shook Levi's motionless body.

Nothing was happening and Levi wasn't waking up. Eren didn't want to believe he was dead. But there are certain things that sink in too fast and then you realize that what you didn't want to have happen has just happened.

And Eren didn't want to think Levi was dead but he was.

His body was limp, lifeless, and cold just sitting in Eren's arms. So Eren began to cry. He cried and cried for hours not bothering to check his phone when his sister texted him.

Eren was soon out of tears and wasn't able to cry anymore. He just set Levi's body down on the floor and stood up. This is the first time he noticed the small piece of paper sitting on the counter. It was a note.

Eren,

I know you will be absolutely heartbroken when you find me like this and me myself am heartbroken just thinking about what I am about to do. But when you find me and figure out what has happened, please don't do anything to harm yourself. Don't fall into the same deep pit of depression that I did. Find someone who will make you feel better. You also have Mikasa and Armin. Talk to them. But please promise that you won't kill yourself. Please move on with out me. Move on unlike I was able to do with the people who have come and gone in my past. Move on and keep living. Eren you must know that I love you so much. I love you more than anything and I will miss you deeply so please understand why I want you to move on.

I love you Eren.

Goodbye.

Eren then checked his phone which had many messages from Mikasa who was asking if he wanted to go out for dinner. Eren didn't do anything except standing in the same spot, emotionless.

Why had Levi never told Eren about his problems? Eren would have been glad to help. He thought that they would be together forever and ever but now Levi was gone due to suicide.

But Eren didn't want his beloved to be upset.

So he moved on.