Chapter 12

Eren ran over to the giant rock that was crushing his Captain's legs. He was crying because he didn't want him to die. Levi was a strong individual who didn't deserve to die young. And Eren secretly had a crush on him and did ever since that day three months ago when the Survey Corps had left for an expedition beyond the walls.

"Levi Heichou!"

Levi, who had been unconscious, opened his eyes at the sound of the young titan shifter's voice. Through his blury vision, he saw the young boy standing over him with tears running down his face. Then he ran out of Levi's sight.

Eren started pushing on the boulder that was crushing Levi's legs. He felt it budge somewhat but it wasn't enough progress  to free Humanity's Strongest. But Eren didn't give up. He pushed all of his weight against the boulder and didn't stop. There was a distant thudding. Eren looked up to see a titan coming towards them.

"E-eren you have to g-go..." Levi croaked.

"I'm not leaving here with out you!"

"Eren you have to leave now or you will be eaten. Hurry!"

"I want to run but I don't want to have to leave you here!"

"My legs have been crushed by the boulder. Even if you could move it I wouldn't be able to run. You understand what that means?"

"I'll carry you then!"

"Why won't you listen to your Captain? You can at least do this one last thing! If you don't go both of us will..."

The sound of 3D maneuvering equipment caught the attention of both soldiers.

"Erwin," Levi said," please take Eren and get out of here!"

"Don't under estimate me Levi. Even with one arm I can take down that titan and save you both."

Erwin then started running towards the titan.

"Wait don't fight it Erwin!" Levi yelled.

Erwin ran and ran closer to the advancing titan. He wanted to take it down and save Eren along with Levi. He would do it. One arm or two, he would do it.

Erwin stopped running. The titan standing before him was at least fifteen meters tall and had a smile on it's face. He knew he couldn't take it down, especially with the condition he was in. So he turned around and ran back to Eren and Levi. He picked up Eren and stared running in the opposite direction.

"Hey! Put me down Erwin!" Eren protested," what are you doing?!"

"Thank you," Levi whispered.

"Levi's still..." Eren cried.

"Eren!" Levi called out," you will survive! You will save humanity!"

Levi then remembered all the good times he had spent with Eren. This brought tears to his eyes. With the hand that was free, he covered his mouth so Eren wouldn't hear him cry.

"Don't go," he whispered through the tears.

The titan was then finally above Levi. Eren gasped as he watched it pick up the boulder crushing Levi's legs and then pick up Levi himself.

"STOOOOOOOP!" Eren yelled.

He watched Levi hit the titan's fist and kick his legs in an attempt to escape. Eren then remembered that he had seen this all before. Five years ago when his mother was killed after Bertolt had breached the wall.

The titan then snapped Levi's back. Eren watched as he was helplessly dragged away. He couldn't go through this again. He didn't want to have to go through all of this pain again.

Then the worst part came. The titan place Levi on it's tongue and bit down, hard. Levi's blood flew through the air and acted like rain. Eren felt a drop of it land on his cheek as he watched the titan swallow its meal.

The worst part of the whole ordeal was that he once again knew that he had seen the exact same scene before. He had been carried away from the person he so dearly wanted to save and couldn't do anything to save the person. Now he knew that he would never get to see Levi again. He would never get to do anything about his feelings again. 

Eren didn't know what to do anymore.