Chapter 1

“Get back here, you thieves!” the old bread merchant shouted in the Caribbean marketplace as he attempted to chase after us. We ran into the alleyway, following the twisting and turning paths until we reached the shipyard. We looked both ways making sure no one was following us and once we did, we both made a full blown sprint towards my ship, the Violet Rose. We are now just 5 feet away from the ship when suddenly someone stood in our way.

            “What did you two steal this time?” said the person who stopped in front of us. As I looked up to see who it is, I stare into the blue eyes of Chris, my crush and best friend. Chris has his long chocolate brown hair in a ponytail and was wearing his usual blue petticoat and white ruffles.

            “God da**** Chris! We’re pirates for crying out loud! We steal things and attack trading vessels! What do you expect pirates to do? Ask the captain,” said the person who stole the bread with me, Connor. Connor, being Chris’s twin brother, they both look exactly alike except for their eyes. While Chris has beautiful blue eyes as blue as the sky, Connor has beautiful hazel eyes. Connor is my other best friend and my partner in crime. I then stare at Chris with my one violet eye, my right eye and answer.

            “Connor is right Chris, pirates are meant to steal and attack trading vessels and many other crimes. Also, for your information we stole some bread for the crew, and as your captain, I command you to not question our methods of stealing and any other crimes we do,” I stated while staring him in his eyes with my one eye. After I said that, Chris gave me a small nod and a slight smile. Chris then offered me his hand and helped me up.

            “Ha! I told you so Chris!” Connor exclaimed as he jumped up onto his feet and stood right next to me and Chris. I look back over my shoulder to make sure that there were no officials coming towards us. Suddenly both of my wrists were grabbed by Connor and Chris leading me towards the ship.

            “Come on Sarah/One-Eye! Let’s go aboard!” both of them said at the same time, with Chris calling me by name and Connor calling me ‘One-Eye’. One of the many nicknames he has for me, but this one was the first nickname he gave me so he calls me that a lot.

            “Yes! Let’s get off this teeny island and go out onto the big blue sea!” I shouted letting my whole crew know that it’s time to set sail. They looked down at us three best friends holding hands. The two twins, one a gentleman who dressed like one and the other a joker who dressed like an actual pirate. Finally me, the captain, the blonde with an eye patch covering her left eye while revealing her violet right eye.

            Once we got on board, the crew started getting the sails down and untying the ropes from the dock. I went up to the ship’s wheel and started to take Violet Rose out of the harbor. With Chris beside me giving navigation and Connor swinging on the ropes of the mast, tightening the sails, while having fun and goofing off like normal. We are now ready and are heading towards Grandma Roo’s house for my yearly visit and spiritual séance. However, we didn’t know that this trip would lead us to our most dangerous adventure yet.