England x Reader

He was always on that same chair in the same tea shop with that book he always read. You were just passing on that tea shop when you saw him. You we're mesmerized by how he carried himself. How gentlemanly he looked as he sat on a chair, place an order and proceed to open a worn out black book. His facial features was more attractive. How his mouth moved in a thin line as he concentrated and his eyes, framed with "catterpillar" eyebrows made him unique looking. But his eyes, those emerald orbs held something you can't identify. As he gazed, as if longingly to it.

You wanted to know his name, so badly, you almost gave up coffee for tea just to see him everyday.

Feeling confident enough to approached him and also luck on your side. (Since the shop was surprisingly full) . You coughed to grabbed his attention. He then looked away from his book up to you. You asked to sat with him that day.

On that same day you've learned each others name.

"(Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)."
"Arthur, Arthur Kirkland."

~~~

Months passed, both of you became friends. And your curiosity became unbearable, you asked him about the book he always carried. He opened it showing you a photo album. A younger version of him and a small little boy's growing up pictures.

"Alfred F.Jones."

He told you that he was his , half little brother. They grew up together he informed with a sad smile. He told you all the tales Alfred did as he grew up, some are funny, adorable and some aren't always sunshines and unicorns. His eyes then produced tiny amounts if tears as he came to the story, where his brother became a soldier. An honorable soldier to fight for the country.

They won, but no Alfred showed up.

He remembered how both of them got into a fight before he got to the war. He wanted badly to hug and say a gazillion sorry to his beloved brother.

You then realized that emotion he held in those eyes of his the first time you saw him: sadness, regrets, and also the loneliness he had since his brother left him.

"Don't cry. I won't leave you."

~~~

"I love you, (Y/n)..."
"I love you too, Arthur."

You already confessed with each other and little by little that eyes you love so much, was now tinted with happiness. The both of you confidently faced the world ahead, content as long as you were always together.

But luck wasn't on your side this time.

It's been a year since that day when he poured all his sadness and reverts to you. You were walking home from the grocery store when you saw a little boy crossing the road with a fast approaching car coming on his way. Arthur's house is just on the other side, you then saw Arthur exit the door. He saw you and gave you a big smile. While you gave him a small sad smile, running towards the kid. Arthur was confused and when he saw it. It was too late.

"I'm sorry, Arthur. Sorry, I'll be leaving a lot earlier."

~~~

Full of determination you walked towards two blonde heads. You smiled as Arthur tell tales to Matthew and told him stories about his and his brother's adventures. Happy tears came rushing down your face.

At least now he's happy.

"Who is this? Where is she?"

"She; my love, was and always be our hero, like uncle Alfred. And my wife. She's up there..."

"Can she be my mom, daddy?"

"Of course, of course you can."

FIN

A/N: HI GUYS! THIS NEW OPTION IN WATTPAD, THE PICTURE THINGY IS SOOOOOOOO FREAKING AWESOME!!

I first thought this pic thingy can only be used on comp. cause I'm only using my phone...
Too slow to type things up, so I use my phone... xD

Anyways, thank you for still reading this . I'm so happy with it. So stay wonderful guys!!

Space unicorns!!