chapter-13

okay. some things I want to say before you start reading this chapter (yay, I updated!) You must know that as it is an *au*, I can change some of the sure facts we know about the real Harry Styles (aka the Harry we adore). For example, Harry won't have any of his tattoos in this story. Sorry, but it just won't go with his character. Not to let me remind you that it is practically 1961 in the story. But I am surely excited to write stories in which Harry's character can show off his glorious tattoos, thank you. 

And Gemma's name is not Georgina, I know, but I just made that name up to go with her character.

That's all there is, really.

Thanks for reading this far! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.

-tina.

-

The second blow is always the hardest.

You know, when something very, very unexpected happens to you, and at first you cannot seem to believe it. Then when first of the shuddering moment passes, you try to think any other alternatives that might happen, as to the cause of it. You try to believe your theory. Maybe even actually believe it, if you are foolish enough. And of course, it is only a matter of time till you know you are wrong. And that is your second blow. And if you ask for my expert opinion, that is the hardest.

I was sitting on my small bed in the next morning. Muttering "this is not real, this is not real" countless times, in a hope that maybe if I could say that fast enough, or long enough, I would find that it was, in fact, all a dream. A big, confusing dream.

It was not though. And when I found that out, I got my second blow. And it was the hardest.

I woke in the morning. Opened my eyes and found the unfamiliar room twinkling in pearly light. Bright, and not very different from the dream that I had only moments ago. And then I closed my eyes as per my morning ritual. That day, however, it took longer for me to recognize where I was. That could most definitely happen for the fact I woke in a totally different room from where I usually slept.

I opened my eyes, and closed them when I saw that I was not in my room. It took me a few minutes before I remembered what happened the previous evening and jerked up.

Shit, was the first word that came to my mind.

That could not be real, was the next line.

You are deluding yourself, I had closed my eyes again till then.

If you open your eyes now you'll know that it's not real. You are in your usual, tiny, boring room.

Okay, you can say I went a little-but-not-so-little dramatic. I felt that I had an overly dehydrated hungover, if that's even a thing. 

But can you blame me?

So there I was, like an idiot, muttering countless unauthorized jinxes to make me snap to 2015. That did not change the fact though.

And I only opened my eyes when I heard a knock from the wooden door.

"Yes?" my voice shook as I blinked in a start.

"Can I come in?" I heard Kathleen's voice and sighed.

"You can?"

Then I heard her fidgeting with the door knob and finally, when she entered through the door, I let out another sigh.

Get ready for the hectic day, I told myself mentally.

"Good morning," Kathleen Bridges smiled at me sweetly. She was holding a bundle of clothes as she made her way to my bed.