400 reasons to say thank you

Today was to begin like any other. And what better way to begin any other day than with a latte and Wattpad. I took out my iPhone to check up on my feed, not that I was expecting much. I never really received any notifications. Just the occasional vote or comment from an estranged friend overseas. I didn't have a lot of time for writing, SHIELD made sure of that. PA's never got a day off, especially when working for Stark. But whenever I could sneak out of Avengers Tower to my flat and get some one on one time with just me and my books, I would.

Pulling up the app I took a savored sip of the caffeinated beverage, only to nearly spew it out all over the screen. I let out in involuntary squeak, not noticing that the door of my apartment had been opened and that the visitor had let himself in.

"Someone sounds happy." said the undeniable voice of Steve. My head bobbed excitedly and I hopped off the back of the couch to run and embrace the super soldier.

"Look!" I said to him, nearly shoving the phone in his face. He read the screen.

"LadyDork is now following you, ScarCumberbatch is now following you, MrsEvanStan is now following you, Yavanna80 is now following you–"

"I reached 400 followers!" I interrupted him. I couldn't help it, my elation was too high to be contained. "Ever since I began publishing my Imagine book of you I've been beginning to rank pretty well in fan fiction."

"Well good for you!" he congratulated with a broad grin. It was only then that I realised why I had suddenly received so many followers. Those two twinkling blue oceans paired with the perfect white smile. Who wouldn't fall for that or want to read stories of the man they called Captain America.

"It's you they really love." I said, perhaps too despondently.

"Nonsense!" countered Steve. "If they only liked the content they'd only vote for the chapters. But they followed you, that shows their admiration for the writer."

"I couldn't have done it without the MARVEL communities." I sighed happily, eyes still glued like sap to the screen.

"Well then tell them." he said. Steve gently pried the phone from my grasp and went to the create new story part tab.

"Tell them what?" I asked. Steve handed me back the phone and brought up the keypad.

"Your 300 reasons to say thanks."

🎉 You've finished reading 400 reasons to say thank you 🎉