Chapter 1

(5 year old Naru)

A swift breeze past as Naruto stared at the bunny in front of him. 'What?'. Naruto thought, "What a weird place to take a nap." He nudged its face with his finger and after a few moments Naruto pulled his finger back. He got a sad thought in his mind and suddenly his eyes widened with realization. He stood and a feeling of fear and sadness wash over him.

Letting a frown slip onto his face he bit the inside of his cheeks and flinched tasting blood but thought happy thoughts letting a grin slip onto his face.

When running to the orphanage he had to go through the window of his room. Which is considerably high, but Naruto trained himself to be able to jump and climb high and do it quite effectively at that....

He jumped inside the window to his room (also known as the attic) and let tears overflow as he hears a crack emit from his hand. He freezes up and thinks of telling the headmistress but then silently puts his burning hand back down remembering the words she said to him the first time they were alone together.

"Don't bother me demon. You're lucky I'm nice enough to let you live."

Naruto repeated in his mind. He let a pained look too sad for his age slip onto his face. Yet, he still never bothered to even try and even ask himself why he was hated. He was just four after all and he didn't even know how to tie his shoes yet anyway. Putting on a grin a bit too wide for his face he breathed in and let out air

He carefully walked around his room feeling lost. All he had was a mattress with a light sheet and a roll of bandages the hokage gave him in case of emergencies. He looked at the bandages and attempted to take off a piece with one hand.

He was thinking about giving up when he finally got off a piece then he heard the door open. He looked up almost frozen with fear.

When he saw a little girl with a black teddy bear and long black hair covering her eyes he almost sighed with relief before he realized that he had never saw her before.

Mustering up the courage he had, he stood up and walked until he was about 3 to 4 feet away from her.

"Who are you?".