Chapter 3

Maya's POV

I woke up to the loud ringing of my alarm. I groaned hitting the snooze button and closed my eyes. After a couple of minutes the alarm sounded off again and I unwillingly got out of bed. Well at least it was Friday! I made my way to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and did the other essential things, then went into my closet. Hmmm what to wear. I'm really loving crop tops so I got out a beautiful black one, paired it with denim shorts and put on a beige cardigan to pull it all together (picture above or to the right). I grabbed my backpack and went downstairs. Before leaving my apartment I grabbed a banana, then made my way to Riley's. I crawled into the bay window and was greeted with the usual smiley Riley.

"Hi Peaches!!! Yay! It's Fridayyyyyy. What do you wanna do after school?" She asked excitedly.

"Anything you want honey ."

"Well how about we all go to the movies tonight!!!!" Riley cheered.

"That sounds great! Let's get to school so we can let the boys know."

We climbed out of the bay window, taking the subway to School. We walked in and went to our lockers. Waiting there for us was Lucas, Farkle and Zay.

"Ladies!" Farkle said in his usual way.

"Farkle!" Riley and I said in unison.

"Well we thought that we could go to the movies tonight and kick it off for the weekends." I said sharing the idea.

"Ouu! That sounds great shortstack, what movie should we watch?" Lucas said.

I groaned. "First, don't call me shortstack, huckleberry because I will rip out your limbs and stick them back up your ass. Second, why don't we watch the Conjuring 2?"

I grabbed Lucas' shirt, pulling him close to me and whispered in his ear, "Unless you're scared sundance. Remember there aren't gonna be any sheep there to comfort you while you're crying cowboy." He turned his face toward me and put on his little smirk.

"Oh really? Guess you're just gonna have to deal with me sobbing into your shoulder then, considering you are short enough to be a sheep." He was still looking straight into my eyes, his gaze and words not faltering at all. Two can play at this game. I pulled him even closer with our noses slightly touching.

"Over my dead body ranger rick." He dropped his grin slowly and moved closer to me if that was even possible at this point. I felt his strong hands rest delicately on my waist. Electricity shot through me at his touch. I was starting to get lost in his sea foam green eyes when----

"GUYS!!! Go get a room and do this later we have to decide what movie we're watching!" Zay's voice brought me back to reality and I jumped trying to push Lucas away. But he held on tighter still looking at me in that weird way like I was some long lost treasure. He smiled at me, like fully smiled at me not just his little side smirk. My heart fluttered. I realized it was happening again and pushed Lucas harder and he let his grip go. He stumbled a little but, put he was still staring at me, his side smirk back again. I quickly looked away to see three faces looking at us with shocked expressions. Why does this keep happening!

"Um yes well, I think the Conjuring 2 is good." I muttered not making direct eye contact with anyone, especially not Lucas.

"Okkk, that sounds good to me." Farkle said trying to make things less awkward. "Are you guys good with the movie choice?" Farkle asked looking at Zay and Riley. They both nodded. The bell was about to ring so we all scurried quickly to class. I plopped myself in my seat and I made sure not to turn my head around even slightly, afraid to see Lucas' face. I could feel his stare at the back of my neck. Ughhhhh what's going on. I'm so confused, everything is turning upside down. The rest of the school day went by quickly. I got home and all I could think about was the movies tonight. I wasn't looking forward to any of the awkwardness that might be there. I mentally cursed myself dreading tonight. But I just had this really tiny tiny tinyyyyy feeling inside myself that maybe I was just a little excited to be seeing Lucas again today. And I have absolutely no idea what it means.

**********************************************************************************
I KNOW I KNOW. Worst updater ever. I'm so sorry. I'm not even gonna promise you guys when my next update will be because I'm not sure if I'll keep any of those promises.  Thank you to those who have kept up with my stupidity and are still interested in the story, you guys are amazing. Well I hope you like this chapter! Thank you so much!

-K