Chapter 2

I woke up feeling sick so I called my mum and told her I wasn't going to school today. I tried to go back to sleep but it was useless, the feeling in my stomach became more painful by the minute. I rushed to the bathroom and got sick all over the toilet. My nose stung and my mouth tasted awful, I hated getting sick. Feeling weak and sick I returned back to bed.

After lying in bed for several hours I finally got up and made something to eat. The food tasted weird, I had probably got the flue.

I called my doctor and set an appointment for a check up in the evening. When I arrived there, I sat waiting for half an hour in the queue. Finally he called out my name. I felt dizzy as I followed him to his office.

"How can I help you Gabbie?" he asked politely

I told him about all the strange feelings I'd been experiencing that day and he looked thoughtfully.

"How long has it been since you started taking the Gerozac?"

"Almost a month now"

"I believe it may be the side effects of the medication. Do you feel nauseous?"

"Yes, very. In fact I got a little sick this morning." I replied

He assured me it was normal and that it would go away in a couple of days but it didn't and a week later it became worse and i started to get worried.

I thought about the fact that I may be pregnant but I didn't want to accept that so I tried to ignore it. The more I tried, the more paranoid I became so eventually I bought a pregnancy test. While I was waiting for the result I started to panic. The thought of having a baby overwhelmed me to the point where I couldn't feel my body anymore. I started to dissasociate, a million thoughts were going through my head.

Finally I got the courage to look at the results. There it was, that little pink cross that assured me that my life was over.