Goodybye, My Love| Levi x Reader

Prompt:Person A calls person B on the phone asking about there day while person B doesn't know on the other side of the phone person A is dying.

Joy.

That's what she was to him.

His Y/N L/N. Beautiful H/L H/C hair, gorgeous stunning E/C eyes, and that perfect smile that makes him melt.
All Levi could think about at work that day was going home to see her.

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz.

Levi was woken up from his daze to the sound of his phone. Looking at the screen, the name 'Angel<3' appeared. The picture of his grumpy face and Y/N's smiling one taking over his phone background. Quickly answering, he pressed the phone to his ear.

"Y/N?"

He heard an unsteady breath then a faint voice answer back.

"Hey Levi! How... How are you?" She replied.

"I'm great," he replied, "now that you called." He muttered a faint blush on his pale face.

He heard her giggle on the other side of the phone, that was followed by a fit of coughing.

Levi squinted. "You okay, Y/N?"

"Oh! I'm just dandy, haha just- just choked on my own spit that's all! Um.. Anyway, how was your day? Any new opportunities?" He could tell she was trying to change the subject but thought nothing of it.

Levi went off describing his day and all the boring events that happened while Y/N just hummed in agreement and understanding.

"Levi," his boss called, "it's time to get back to work."

"Ah, yes sir. Hey Y/N I'm going to have to let you go. Boss needs me." He finished with a sigh.

"Oh, yes of course I'll let you get to that!"

"Alright, bye-"

"Wait Levi," she started, "I um-"

"Yeah?"

"I- I love you."

And she hung up.

A blush crept up Levi's face. He knew she already hung up but he spoke to her anyway.

"I love you too."

But what he didn't know,

Was that that was the first and last time he'd ever hear those words from her ever again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you hung up, you let out a groan of pain.

You were dying quicker than you imagined.

You tried to stop the bleeding, but it seemed there was an endless supply of blood coming from the side of your stomach.

Through it all, you still smiled.

"At Least- he knows I love him."

Through your last breath, you wished the best to your precious Levi.

Goodbye, my love.