3

Y/N POV

walking around a crowded room filled with loud people, i started feeling a headache coming on. i already wasn't in the best mood to begin with but i managed to get to the stairs and up to the dorms. i repeated the number 23 in my head a million times until i finally found the door. i took a deep breath and twisted the door handle but it was locked. what? i tried knocking with no answer. i got the key out of my bag and opened the door to find a girl sitting on her bed with headphones on with a book in her hands.

she immediatly turned around surprised when she saw me come in, "oh my gosh, you scared me!" she took her headphones off.

"sorry i tried knocking.."

"oh no its my fault. so.. i'm assuming you're my roommate?" she said to me while i walked towards the other bed and threw my stuff down.

"oh no, i'm just some creep who happened to have a key to your room." i sarcastically said throwing myself onto the bed so i could finally rest. she laughed and said "well i'm kate." "i'm (y/n). so what are you studying here?" "umm mainly creative writing and science, you?" "well that's an interesting combination.. i'm studying psychology and writing too, but I don't exactly know if that's what i wanna do in the future. i know that's what my mom wants me to do at least." i closed off a bit at the end.
"oh, what do you mean?" "its just... i don't know, sometimes i feel like she's trying to make me a mini version of herself you know?" "trust me i totally get you."
i sighed and she went back to reading and i got up and started unpacking my things.
"hey so i'm gonna go and look around the campus." i told her as i left but her music was too loud for her to hear me.

-

it was about 6pm and i just walked around the school until about 3pm and ditched the campus an hour ago. since i don't have my car, i ended up just taking a long walk with no real destination. i didn't really care if i got lost, i had my phone with me. i found myself at a park and i sat alone on a wooden bench with no thoughts in my head. i pulled out my phone and texted my mom asking her if she could bring me my car tomorrow.

my first real day of school starts tomorrow and i'm weirdly excited about it. mainly because i'm back to having a schedule and having stuff to do instead of being alone and depressed all day. but don't get me wrong, i hate school. at least i really hated high school. i got overwhelmed really easily by work and for the most part, didn't have the motivation to care about my grades. i just cared enough about them to get an average grade so i could graduate and get the fuck out of there.
i get back up and walk a little further only to see the mall a couple streets down. i put my phone and earphones in my pocket not wanting to listen to anything... maybe i need some retail therapy.

--

- july 17th 2016

omg guys i'm soo sorry i haven't written in like a century. i got so overwhelmed with being confused on how i wanted to write it while also trying to please everyones suggestions, i kinda shut down and took a break. also school was becoming too much. i never forgot about this fanfic and you guys, its always been one of the things in the back of my mind. it was a part of my summer goals to continue writing here on wattpad! :)
idk why but sometimes i avoid things i like doing for some odd reason i don't know ..but i dedicated this summer to stop being triggered over dumb things and push through intense feelings. not just about writing but when it comes to a lot of other things. i'm not gonna lie, the motivation for this story isn't as strong as it was mainly because i had such a huge girl crush on cara and now my girl crush (or just crush?? idk i'm so confused on my sexuality, its killing me lmao) is on someone else but i still wanna try still because i think i got a good thing going here. i bet everyone already deleted this book off their library and i wouldn't blame them haha, i doubt anyone's reading this. 😂💗 but its ok (:. sorry again for the huge break and the short chapter.