Chapter two

I wake up to the sound of my alarm at 6:00 am on the day my life will change forever. The first time I will be away from my mum and my family. This is a day I need advice from my dad to tell me what to do if the engine broke down or to help my mum when I leave. Last month was his third anniversary. I miss him so much each and every day.

* * * *

"Are you awake?" Emily screams running into my room. " if I wasn't I would be now!!" I say sarcastically. She runs and jumps on top of me, climbing under the Quilt, squeezing me tight. "Don't cry, em. I will be back in no time!" I say rubbing her back. "I know but it's the first time mum, you and I have really been apart for a long time since dad passed away. I miss him so much and with just me and mum around, it's going to be really quiet and lonely" she says, making me tear up, thinking about dad. "I know, but remember what I gave you last night" she nods " yeah well, we can keep in touch everyday, I want to hear about everything you do, what you had for dinner, what you did at school, absolutely everything! Get it??" I say tickling her making her laugh "ok" she says.
"I better get up and get showered, huh?" I say jumping out of bed running into the shower.

* * * *

6:59.
1 minute until the girls get dropped off at my house and we set off for our big trip around Australia in my turquoise old styled combi van.

7:00
"I'll get the door" Emily screams as someone knocks at the door. She opens the door and Lilly is standing there with her mum. " Emmy" Lilly screams picking up Emily and twirling her fragile body around. Lilly and abbey are like sisters to Emily and I. Emily has known them all her life and they practically live at my house. Just after, abbeys mum pulls up at the front of the house as Lilly walks in. We run to the car and open up the passengers side where abbey is sitting, "hi Mrs Little" I say poking my head inside the car "hi livvy, you ready for off?" She continues "I'm certainly not" she says placing her hand on Lilly's thigh. "Mum!" Lilly says with embarrassment.

After everyone gets inside all the mums pull out there cameras for some quick snaps before we take the massive leap of leaving everything behind and going out into the big bad world on our own.