Chapter 24. Love. Part 2.

Guys, I'm honestly so astounded, 6k reads?!?! Are my eyes deceiving me?!

----
"You can break my soul, take my life away. Beat me, hurt me, kill me. But for the love of God don't touch her." Hiccup growled. He wasted no time in thrashing his sword against Erett. The attack was so quick, Erett did not even think about defence. The fiery blade cut deep into his arm and the flames seared the wound making him wail out in bloodcurdling pain. Hiccup stumbled backwards, realising what he had just done. Erett was doubled over in pain, clutching his arm with his hand. Merida stared in disbelief at Erett, a feeling in the pit of her stomach new that he would not give up this easily. She was right.
"ARGHHH!" Suddenly, Erett charged forward, his plain sword in the air and just like a flash of lightening, his blade collided with Hiccup's. In a haze of smoke and the stench of burnt flesh, the two men were engaged in a battle. Erett took another chance at Hiccup, his sword plunged deep into Hiccup's side, breaking through his leather armour.
"Hiccup!" Merida cried in terror as he fell to the floor. Furiously, Merida hurtled the spear towards Erett, sending the weapon into his right leg. He too fell to the floor, unconscious and bleeding horribly.
Quickly, Merida skidded to Hiccup's side. He was groaning in pain, his left hand was glued to the wound.
"Hey, Hicc let me see it." Merida whispered, trying to stay as calm as possible. His eyes were glassy and his breaths were jagged. In the background, Fergus, Eleanor and Stoic had entered, the battle outside had drawn to a stalemate. They watched their children, tears in their eyes too.
"No Mer..." Hiccup breathed. Uncontrollable tears spilled over Merida's cheeks as she rested her head against Hiccup's chest. The beat of his heart was quick but calming.

"I love you

"I love you." She sobbed against him. She felt Hiccup shudder.
"I love you too." He sniffed.
"There's time to save him." Stoic announced, his loud and gruff voice disrupting the moment.
"Please, please save him." Merida cried. Almost instantly, Stoic scooped Hiccup up into his arms and rushed out of the room leaving Merida in fits of tears in her parents arms. She had the same feeling that bothered her when she was last separated from Hiccup. Will I ever see him again?