~Chapter Two~

The car ride home was quiet and awkward.

"Honey...." my dad trailed off, breaking the silence. "I know why you're upset," he sighs, remembering what had happened a few years ago. "But hey, you never know. This one might be a good one. The only information I received is that he is a boy, he is seventeen years of age and that the decision isn't final yet."

I sigh in relief while Emily, who is currently sitting in the backseat, pats my back.

Within seconds, we arrive at Emily's house. Her house is giant. It has three floors and is painted white, no presentable marks or dirt. Her window sills are decorated with flowers giving the house a glammy look.

"Okay, Cat, see you tomorrow." Emily gives me a small hug and leaves a small kiss on my dad's cheek before running out of the car and into her house.

"Good luck! Text me." She mouthed.

And with that we were off to our home.

He could be evil.

No.

Boys are always mean......

Shhh.

......especially care kids.

Leave me alone!

It is true. It is a fact.

No it isn't.

Good luck. You may not live for long.

"BE QUIET!" I shout.

Great! My mind was playing games with me.

"What ever is wrong with you?" My dad asks. We are now parked outside my home.

I shake my head and give him a reassuring smile.

"Okay then, let's go inside." He gets out of the car and waits for me to as well.

Here goes nothing.

*~*~*

I stand near the door of my living room. My dad is already warmed up and comfortable among the other people.

Well done for leaving me by myself, dad!

I stay where I am, trying to examine the people in my house.

I see a woman. She looks around the age of forty or possibly older. Her black hair highlighted with grey. Her skin tone is chocolate matching her coffee eyes and white teeth. She seems to be friendly but she has not yet realised I was standing there. She is talking to a guy while looking around, as if to check our home is a good standard of living.

The guy she is talking to is probably in his thirties. He is quite pale and bold. His head seemed as if he scrubs it a million times. He has two dark teeth at the front top and a golden tooth at the bottom. He grins as he also looks around and takes notes in his notebook.

My dad laughs with the man and the woman. He also looks around and points at items that are placed in our living room.

I scan around only to find a boy in this teens. One word to describe him is....

Hot.

His hair is dark brown, looking like a bird's nest and his skin colour is light caramel. His lips pink and shaped perfectly. His jaw is squared and boned. I couldn't really make out anything else because he was sitting comfortably on our sofa.

The only feature that grabbed my attention was his eyes.

His beautiful eyes.

It is a mixture of brown, green and blue. Honesty, fear and loneliness all added on top.