Chapter 1 (Corey Graves)

"I'm not sure which one to get......you pick one for me..."

"How about this one?" Corey pointed at a snake tattoo that was wrapped around the stem of a rose.

"Nope...No snakes on me."

"Alright....well how about this one? It's got a keyhole and flowers on it. And I'll be the only one with the key." He smirked at me.

"I like that idea. But the entire pelvis.....its gonna hurt."

I had to admit, I was nervous about getting such a big design on such a sensitive area. The only comforting thing was knowing that my boyfriend was going to be doing it and he had years of experience behind his work.

"Don't worry about anything sweetheart....I'll take it slow and give you breaks and stuff."

I took a deep breath and pulled myself up onto the chair and laid back. Corey prepared all the supplies and inks he needed and placed them within reach. He was wearing a beater which showed off his full sleeve tattooed that ran down both of his chiseled arms. I nervously stared up at the ceiling until Corey was ready for me. 

"Babe....I'm gonna need you to pull your pants down and lift your shirt up."

"Is this what you tell all your clients to do?"

"Depends on where they're getting a tattoo. I mostly get requests to do chests and arms."

"Oh is that so? You probably prefer doing chests over arms huh??" I admit, I was a little jealous that he saw topless women at work.

"Yeah, I'd rather do chests, but sometimes when you get hairy ass chests which you have to shave off first....that part....not so great."

"Hairy....wait, what?" I was confused as was Corey who now looked up from what he was doing.

"Yes hairy. Just cause I get my chest waxed doesn't mean every guy does. What are you going on about— ohh.....well shit, you thought I was talking about women?"

"Yeah.....I was wondering how you were saying all that right to my face....hehe" I started giggling at my stupidity.

"Baby, you don't have anything to worry about. I mostly have male clients, and the occasional girl who wants something on her arm or neck. They prefer female artists for their other places. You're all that I want and need."

"I believe you...um...do you want me to take off my pants completely?"

Corey licked his lips and rubbed his hands together. "Yes ma'am!"

We both started giggling. I unbuttoned my jeans and lifted my butt up a little to take them off and put them aside.

"You can leave them lace panties on....I'll pull 'em down myself if I want— I mean if I have to."

I playfully smacked his arm. "You're so bad."

He ruffled his eyebrows at me with a smirk. "Okay, lay back so I can start the cleaning and stenciling." 

I laid back in the seat and pulled my top just enough to leave my stomach uncovered. He stretched on some rubber gloves and grabbed an alcohol wipe to clean the area. I shuddered at the coldness of the wipe. He then took the stencil and made a basic layout of the design using a special pen. After freehanding some of the flowers, he showed me in the mirror.

"Wow....that's big." The design started below my belly button and stretched across my entire lower waist. I realized the rest of the design was going to have to be further down....beneath my panty line.

"Let me finish the layout, then you'll know how big the final piece will be." Without breaking eye contact, he curled his fingers into the band of my panties and slowly pulled them down, just enough to reveal the top of my lady bits.

I let him continue further down as he penned away with the stencil, ending right above the lips. He stepped back and carefully examined the entire design.

"Alright....now I need you to relax for this next part — the outlining."

"Is it gonna be that bad?" He wouldn't directly answer me but I knew he was trying to give me a heads up without scaring me.

"Just tell me if it gets too uncomfortable and I'll stop until you're ready."

He turned around and pulled a light blanket off the rack behind him and draped it over my bare legs. I closed my eyes and let Corey do his work. He started up the needle and began outlining on my left side. After a good few minutes without squirming, my hand unintentionally grabbed his wrist, making him stop.

"Babe, you doing okay?"

"Yeah...please just tell me you're halfway done...."

He looked down at me, "I am halfway done...with this tiny flower in the corner."

"Ah fuck!" I covered my eyes with my hands in frustration.

"I know what will help..." Corey got up from his seat and connected his phone to the Bluetooth speaker in the room. A second later, some of our favorite metal music started blasting through the room. He handed me his phone so I could flip through the songs.

I tried concentrating more on the music than the needles piercing through my delicate skin. After  half an hour of outlining, he stopped to let me take a breather. Honestly I wanted to get this over and done with so I told him to keep going. At the last part of the design that was going over a bone, Corey slowed down and moved his arm closer to my hand so I could hold onto it, which I did. I felt my eyes get watery from the pain but kept them closed. It seemed like an eternity but we were finally done with outlining.

"Corey, I swear I'm never getting another tattoo after this..."

"We'll see if I can change your mind." He smiled at me and went back to change the needle for shading.

"Like hell you will...." I mumbled.

"Okay baby, time to bring that tattoo to life. But first I need a payment deposit from you right now." He threw a mischievous smile at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Come here...."

Corey leaned closer to me so I could give him a kiss on the lips. After he pulled away, he ran his tongue over his lips, probably tasting the sweet aftertaste of my lipgloss.

"Mmmm....peachy....Is that all you got right now?"

"Yeah, I'll pay you in full tonight....or maybe tomorrow night, depending on how fast this tattoo starts to heal." I winked at him.

"You got it! Alright, now lemme just finish this up so the sooner I finish, the sooner it'll start to heal."

The remaining steps of the tattoo were much more bearable than the outlining. Corey kept my attention off the needles anyway with our conversation and music. An hour and a half later, Corey stood up and looked at the final piece.

"Oh that looks fucking amazing! Here, take a look." He held up the mirror and showed me.

"It's beautiful Corey!! But wait, I want you to add one more thing to it...."

"What's that?"

"I want you to put your name on one of the wings."

He was speechless at my request. "No....I can't do that....its permanent ink!"

"I know, and that's why I'm asking you to engrave it on me. An artist always signs his work, and I believe in us so I want your name on me."

"Babe, that really means a lot to me, but are you 100% sure about this?" He had the needle ready in his hand again.

"The blank space is yours."

With that said, he kissed my forehead and then started inking his name into me. The pain was intense but it was totally worth it. A couple of minutes later he stared back at his work.

"I can't believe you got my name written on you....but I'm honored."

Corey removed the blanket and helped me up. He walked me to the oversized mirror on the wall and stood with his arms around me as we both admired his masterpiece in the reflection.