Chapter 1

I was walking back to my current camp for the night, my flashlight sweeping the ground before me.

It was getting late, and there was a lack of food. Looks like I was moving in the morning.

Finally, camp. I think in a relieved fashion, the low fire lighting a dim area.

My blond hair catches a breeze, the black tips blending into the growing shadows. My blue eyes scan the area as I flick the flashlight off, lowering my long, toned body onto the stump I use as a chair.

The firelight flickers dimly, entrancing my gaze. Then, off in the distance, it looks like lightning striking the earth with an accompanying boom!

I sit dead upright, hands reaching to my back for my sword, scarred face turned directly to the spot where I saw the light. I have that after-image lingering in my gaze, so I wait a few seconds to let it fade before relaxing as nothing seemed to be an immediate threat.

I slowly drop my right wrist to study the tattoo there. It's a wolf, howling upwards. Above it's head is the three simple words 'Endure and Survive'.

It brings back bad memories, so I let my wrist drop and carry on staring wistfully into the firelight.

Eventually though, I have to sleep. So I get up and put the fire out, before crawling into my tent and falling asleep with a hand under my pillow- right where my dagger is.

~

The sunshine wakes me up, something that confuses me for a second before I realize- I was supposed to be awake before the sun was up!

I groan, angrily rising to my feet and bending the tent to my head.

"God-damnit!" I mutter, waddling on my knees to the door of the tent and unzipping it before crawling into the dewy grass.

I turn my entire body through the green fresh smells and aphids to where the tent is. Then I lazily use my telekinesis to pack my stuff up so I can get moving.

Hoo boy. I'm bad at this whole 'author note' thing. Um, y'all should go follow my bro -Vampirehunter and stuff, she's pretty cool.
Well I'm out.