Chapter 1

"How are you feeling, your highness?" The maid softly whispered trying not to wake up the sleeping Prince

"I'm not doing any better." Princess Ivy whispered.

" Your Highness, I know I haven't served you for very long, but I can tell that Prince Charles cares deeply for you." the maid said with a smile.

"I know brother loves me more than I could ever imagine, but I know I love brother more." the frail princess whispered lovingly.

As the maid gave the princess her medicine and a glass of water, her eyes shone with awe while whispering,"I really admire your bond with your brother. It almost makes me want a sibling." Princess Ivy smiled at the maids words while handing her empty medicine and water cups to the maid."I pray you start feeling better tomorrow, Your Highness," the maid whispered while walking to the door." Sleep well and dream good things." the maid silently called.

" Maid, what is your name?" The princess called to the maid, stoping her from closing the door.

"My name is Lucy, Your Highness," she answered with a smile.

After she closed the door Princess Ivy sighed a sad lonely sigh."Brother, wake up! Will you please read me a story?" She called with all her might, but to no avail. "Fine, be that way, meanie!" She said sadly. After that she grabbed her stuffed black bunny and went to sleep.

♠♣♥♦

My world became brighter as the fog hiding my consciousness became thinner. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I looked around the room. I saw my sister, Ivy peacefully sleeping in front of me. Then I looked at the clock to see what time I had woken up. It read 12:55pm.

"Huh, looks like I missed all my classes! I guess that means get to stay with you for a while longer. Would you like me to read you a book?" I said knowing she wouldn't answer.

Painfully, I stood up from the chaise lounge, my back cramping.'I can't take being alone any more, Ivy... I let out a sigh.

"Ivy I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to take a walk out in the garden, if that is alright with you."

A moment of silence.

"Of course you don't mind, you don't even know I'm here," I grumbled as I started for the door. ' I wish I could meet someone new other then servants,' I thought as I closed the door.

Once I arrived at the garden I felt the cool breeze brush my bangs across my forehead. As I reached to brush the bangs out of my eyes, a twig snapped behind me. I froze, my body tensed with fear.