God Damnit...

I know, I still haven't finished my other story, BUT I'M WORKING ON IT!!! Either way, I'm starting this one, DEAL WITH IT! P.S. Sorry if certain words are missing, I'm writing this at 1 in the morning, also there WILL be "bad language" in this story, so if you can't deal with my fucking blabber-mouth, it's best you shouldn't read forward.

(Ava's POV)

I've been walking around for hours, where could they be!!  I sigh as I stroll toward a Starbucks, conveniently placed so I don't have to walk much longer. I go inside and order a caffeine-free caramel cappuccino.  "Um, may I have some extra caramel and whipped cream on that, please?" I say in a chirpy tone that I use in public. The cashier-lady nods."Had a bad day, hun?" she asks me in a Texan accent . "Oh, you don't even know," I say, releasing my public-chirpy-tone, and relaxing into my deeper-normal-tone. The cashier smiles, "Well, I have no problem helping out a lady-friend," she says. I smile, people up here are WAY nicer than in California! 

After my drink was done I said goodbye to lady and went outside to sit at one of the tables. I plop down into the chair and sip on my drink, biting on the green straw. I don't know why, but I always bite down on the straw. Hmm, guess it's just me? I pull my phone out and text Adam for the 18th time.

(Underline=Ava  Italics=Adam)

ADAM, WHERE ARE YOU!!

Jeesh! Just walking around. You?

Oh, nothing much, just WAITING FOR YOU TO FIND ME! I TEXTED 18 TIMES AND YOU JUST NOW  RESPOND? But I'm at Starbucks, I'll meet you at the Walmart where I lost my shoe.

Ooohhhhkaayyyy.... RACE YA THERE!!

As soon as I get the text I pull out a $5 bill from my backpack (PURSES ARE EVIL), put it on the table, grab my drink,and sprint across the street to the Walmart. As I run I see Adam running towards the popular store too. I sum-up all the strength I can and run as physically possible for me.

"Come on, Adam! You got beat by a girl!" I tease when I get there first.

"Damn it!" he exclaims.

"Hey, at least you didn't bet any money,"  I say while trying to catch my breath.

"Oh! Ava, this is Ross, Barney, and Max," Adam says, pointing a name toward the corresponding person. Shit! I forgot I was meeting new people! I feel the familiar bubble of social anxiety bubble up, "H-Hey, Adam. C-Can you come here for a sec'..." I ask slightly under my breath. He walks over to me, concern covering his face, and I walk slightly away from the three boys he brought.

"I-I forgot I was meeting new people..." I say quiet enough that the three boys don't hear me but loud enough for Adam to.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I guess I forgot about... all that, too," he says with guilt dripping from his words. "I can tell them to go, if you want me to,"

"No! You don't have to, it will help me to hang out with some more people, anyway." I say sincerely.

"Ava," he grabs my hands, "I really care about you, whatever you want, I can deal with. I don't want you to have a panic attack or anything. I'm fine but you are still recovering from... all that, isn't that the reason you moved out here?! To get away from the feeling!?" I nod my head and bring my gaze away from his eyes, feeling like a small child getting scolded for doing something wrong.

"If you need them to go away... that can happen," he finishes off. Adam lets go of my hands and smiles sadly.

I feel tears brimming my eyes as I run into him and wrap my arms around him. "You're the best, Adam." I whisper, my voice cracking slightly.