- chapter one

Chapter One

Tera looked up at the massive school entrance, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

This was it! Thought Tera, her steps slowly and slowly moving forwards into the school. My first ever school in the city!

Her brown hair swiveled as she entered gracefully. The classes had suddenly gone quiet, and whispers filled the air.

"She looks like a foreigner!" One murmured, loud enough for her to her.

Tera frowned, but continued to walk into the shoe lockers. No matter how foreign she looks, she is still part of the country she was born in.

So she just had to earn that pride.

Marcie took a deep breath, shaking her head timidly. Her eyes widened when looking at the enormous school. She gulped.

I will so get lost! Marcie thought worriedly. My first school in the city... Are all these schools THIS big?

Marcie shook away the thought, assuring herself it will be okay. With her legs aching from running yesterday, she took small steps and yawned.

"Ouch!" She cried, falling in front of her. Marcie got up, embarrassed. Eyeing around her, she sees the laughing faces of strangers who whispered things about her.

"What a weirdo!" One of them whispered.

Oh no! Marcie thought, and gasped. Is this what it feels like to be a school girl in the city?

I apologize for making it short. I need to prepare for school! Thanks!