chapter four | high school life begins!

i apologize for being waaay too lazy hahahaahahah..a.d.ead

2 years later, their highschool 'adventure' begins...

"Haha, really?" My friend, Misaki laughs, her eyes laying on the French fries she just bought. "Must be an ashame, though."

Misaki is girly, but she loves sports. Who knows? She could be the best football player when she's older!

"I know, right?" Penelope says half-heartedly, as she texts on her phone. Sighing, she fidgets with her long silky black hair.

Penelope is addicted with make-up. Even mentioning mascara, she will be your best friend. Penelope hates sports and loves to flirt with guys... a lot.

"I think you should stay with your boyfriend!" I say happily, my eyes glittering. "It will make you keep your status."

"Whatever," Misaki replies, munching on fries angrily. "Penelope, you should make him lay off! He's so rude!"

"B-But," Penelope stutters awkwardly, staring straight at her best friend. "That is what makes him looks so cool..."

"Seriously?" I spit out my coke laughing, unable to breathe. Really? Cool?! I doubt it! I say to myself.

"Shut up!" Penelope snaps, letting go of her hair tiringly. "I can like whoever!"

"Okay, okay!" I manage to choke out, as Misaki starts to tickle me. "Let go! I'm done!"

They stop, continuing to talk about food excitingly. Unable to join the conversation, I stare down at the coke bottle, watching water drip down from the outside.

Ah, I learnt this before! I thought, stabbing my finger onto the dampness. What was it called, I wonder?

"Hey, Marcie!" Misaki calls as I look up, tilting my head. Her bright brown eyes greet me as I turn away, blushing from embarrassment.

"Wh-What?" I ask, but she ignores me, winking at Penelope.

"She's so cute!" Penelope gushes, taking her pale hands to squeeze my cheeks.

"Stop it!" I call, but they exchange glances, shrugging actively.

"NO!" They say at once, leading us to be outside in the cold snow.

"Hey!" I cry, moving backwards. Misaki shakes her head giggling. Penelope glances at Misaki, with a smile on her face. WOAAH!

KABUMP.

I land on the floor, my gloves covered in damp snow. Fog showing from my sighs, I glance up to see a ridiculously handsome boy stare directly at me with sincere eyes. His chocolate brown hair moved to the side as he gives me a hand that I refuse to take.

"I am so sorry! Are you okay?" He asks but I grunt, knowing he had done it on purpose. I get up, turning my back towards him.

"Whatever," I scoff, flipping my boring hair, unable to look into his face. Grinning at my friends, I tilt my head as they frown at me.

"MARCIE!" Penelope scolds, her brown hair swishing towards me as she pushes me backwards.

"What?!" I yowl, as they shake their hands. "What's wrong?!"

"You killed your chance!" Misaki informs, pinching my cheeks. "For love! High school love!"

"So? He was doing it on purpose!" I say, shaking my head. Changing the subject I add, "Good night, you two! See you at the first day of school!"

Both of them exchange glances once more with a smirk on their face. 1...2...3...

"We love you, Marcie! Fight on!" They shriek at me with smiling faces. I wave back, yelling a goodbye.

But as I watch them talk in the distance, something hit me with a pang.

What if... What if I was a third-wheeler?

I shake my head. Regretting to think of such a thing, I close my eyes hoping I wasn't.

TERA'S POV

I stare at my friend's slender body. Glancing up, her face was perfect. There was no trace of imperfection and had big round eyes. She had straight hair, which she comments that it is 'boring'.

"Look somewhere else!" Marcie snaps at me, looking away. I grin shaking my head.

"Why?" I ask daringly, but all she does is glare at me as she walks away to her trio of friends.

"You aren't even my friend!" She calls over her shoulder, as if she read my thoughts.

I sigh of disappointment, twirling my thick blonde hair. Why doesn't anyone like me? I thought, watching Marcie beam at Misaki Kimura and Penelope King.

Watching them move away, my eyes sparkled with ideas. Why not... follow them? Snickering slightly loud enough, I went on my tippy-toes, clasping my two hands together in perfect motion.

"Oi!" A low voice hisses at me as I turn around, hoping it wasn't my teacher... "HELP ME!"

"KYAA!" I squeal, taking my bag, hitting the 'pedophile'. "WHO ARE YOU?!"

I stare at his dirty clothes. They were dirty and still smells of fresh soil. He had long socks on and spiky shoes. The blonde hair wore shorts.

"OW!" He yowls, trying to hit me back. He pauses, staring at my slowly-blinking eyes. I tilt my head in confusion.

"What is it?" I ask sweet as honey, hoping he would be friends with me.

He turns, his face turning red. Sneakily taking another look, he swiftly turns back, tightly closing his eyes.

"N-Nothing." He says in a low whisper as his cheeks turn red in embarrassment. What was he so worried about? I stare at the giggling students, pointing at the boy next to me.

"GO AWAY!" I shriek at them, giving them rude gestures. "SHOO!"

Horrified, they move away, whispering loud enough for everyone to hear.

"How do you talk to girls?" The boy mumbles to himself, his blue eyes turning darker as he gets sadder.

Overhearing I reply, "It's easy!" Leaning on my cold metal locker I add, "Just greet them sexily!"

At first, he thought I wasn't a joke and frowned at me, his eyes narrowing into slits.

"That doesn't help!" He snaps, watching as I watch the blank sky.

There was silence for a while. The beautiful birds sing like a harmonic choir. The loud laughs of children fit the background noises as you hear doors slam deafeningly.

Then it hits me.

"Just smile," I murmur as I face him bravely. Our eyes lock. "Smiling makes them feel happier. Even if you aren't."

Giving him a hint of what happened in my past, I run away with tears in my eyes.