O N E

Walking through the halls, they were completely shaped with teenagers, new and old. Some looking around scared, others walking aimlessly through the halls. I walk into the administration office, past the scared newbies, not looking where I was going. I look up to meet the back of some tall kid. 6'2, roughly, I couldn't really tell. Brown hair, perfectly combed into a quiff. His back was adorned with a grey tight long-sleeved shirt, rolled up his forearms, showcasing his perfectly sculptured back. Black skinny jeans pulled slightly down, but not too far. Black shoes with white soles, in his right hand a sheet of paper.

A timetable you idiot.

Ah, that's it, he must be new. I walked over to the seat left of me, sitting down deciding to fiddle around on my phone.

"Alex Blake, you're wanted in the Principal's office," the older lady working at the desk forcibly smiled at me. I'm sure she hates kids, but also is too afraid to quit, afraid she'll die alone or something. I saunter over to the Principal's office, the tall brown-haired boy, now sitting down, looks over at me. A confused expression on his face.

Cute.

I stand next to the chair directly opposite the Principal.

"Alex, just the student I needed. Shawn here is new, as you can tell, and is in need of a tour guide. Do you think you can help him out?" The lady's wrinkled skin contorting into an awkward smile, in a way, saying, "Please help me, I'll make sure you pass Bio".

I look over at the boy. His eyes landed on mine, a friendly smile gracing his face. I smiled back, nodding.

"Sure, why not? May I?" I pointed at his timetable, he handed it to me. I looked over it noticing we had a few classes together.

"We have, um, History and Chemistry together. The other classes I'll help you find, and possibly introduce you to some people." Shawn smiled warmly at me, standing up and getting ready to walk out.

"Okay, thank you Alex. And Shawn, hope you have a wonderful first day at Pearson Senior High!" She said in a chirpy tone, almost a squeal.

I rushed out of the office, in case she wanted to ask another thing of me. I waved at the lady at the desk, whom I still yet have to learn the name off, who just smiled and nodded. I giggled as I made my way out into the hall. The office led directly into the outside halls, next to the cafeteria. There was a bronze statue in the middle of a small grassy path, where all the seniors like to hang about.

"So, Shawn, tell me, why did you leave Pearson in the first place?"

"Ah, someone who knows my true identity. Funny, cause for some reason I don't seem to remember you. Did we have any classes or did you come after I left?"

"How'd I know you if I came after you left? And to answer your previous question, you probably didn't notice me. You were popular, and I tended to be shy."

"Well you're not shy now," he smirked as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Probably because I'm on a high right now, I just recently got my fix of coffee after a week without it. So I'm running out my caffeine hit by talking to previous Pearson High students. Also, you made me remember Mrs White, the old Principal, well before she retired."

"Oh yeah, she resigned the year I left right? Couldn't handle the pain of not having me roaming the halls," he placed a hand on his heart jokingly, fake sniffling. I chuckled at his expressions.

"Well, this is General English, good luck," I turn to make my way back to my class. Shawn's hand gripped my wrist, turning me around.

"I do get to see you again, right?"