S I X

"Why am I like this?" Sarah repeated for the fourth time in the span of five minutes. She had been previously reading a book from the library for her English class, but instead got carried away with online merch shopping for Dan and Phil. Mind you, I didn't hate the boys, actually adored them, but the amount of money Sarah was willing to spend made me a little worried for her bank account.

"You're sad and get easily attached," she only nodded agreeing rather than being offended. Before she had time for another one of her witty remarks, the bell rang. Crowds of students filled the halls, wandering into their last class for the day.

I groaned, my head falling backwards. I had history—with Shawn. After that earlier stunt, I hadn't been able to keep my mind off him. Everything about him was so attractive, from everything he did to what he was wearing. He had to be the biggest tease and I don't know why I was so damn drawn to that boy. He was complicated and confused you most of the time, but that seemed to only allure me more to him. He was just so-so-argh.

Grabbing my books I'd gotten out earlier I walk towards the classroom, glad we'd chosen to sit in the far side of the school. As I walked in and smiled at Mr Turner, I turned my gaze to my seat, only noticing now that Shawn was sitting, waiting for the class to begin. He smiled over at me, his forearms resting on the table as he had the back legs of his chair slightly lifted.

"Hey, how'd you get here so early?" I shifted my books on the top of my desk, mimicking Shawn by also placing my forearms on the table. He only shrugged, turning to look away out the door.

"I was walking around with Ian when I heard the bell, I realised I was nearby, nothing much to it." Nodding, I let my eyes wander his side profile.

Shawn had a sharp jawline, one that seemed so structured. His cheekbones were noticeable adding to his already perfect bone structure. His neck had a prominent vein, one that you could see if he clenched his jaw, or if he sang passionately as I'd noticed earlier this morning. All around, he looked beautiful, classically handsome. No wonder everyone was so attracted to him.

"So, you still on for after school?"

What's he going on about now?

"Not to be rude or anything, but for what exactly?" Shawn shook his head, smirking down at me.

"We're meant to be getting to know each other more, remember? You're coming over to my house so we can just hang out, that is, if you're still up for it?" He was giving me a look, one daring me to agree and not bail and walk away.

"Of course, it must've slipped my mind. I have to meet you at your house later, though, I'm my brother's ride home," my head was spinning at the thought of having to spend time with Shawn, alone.

"No problem, you still have my address right?" I nodded, taking out my book as the class looked as if it were to begin, "Then we're all good."

The class seemed to be quicker than most, so much so that when the bell rang I jumped. Picking up my books, I carry them off, after saying goodbye to Shawn, and make my way to my locker. Shutting the metal door with a thud, I text Jackson asking where he was.

Jackson: Out at the front, waiting for your slow ass to drive me home :))

I rolled my eyes, stuffing my phone into my back pocket. I walk at a quick pace to my car, unlocking the door and hurriedly driving off. I had no idea why I was in such a rush, but for some reason, my heart wouldn't stop beating so damn fast.

Once we reached the house, we both got out, myself a lot faster, and opened the front door. I quickly went up the stairs and went into the bathroom, ridding myself of my clothes and letting the water from the shower wash away all of the school's stress.